Crush or no?

Agent_Smith

So I've never really had a crush on someone before, and I was wondering if this sounded like a crush. Here goes nothing.

I've been friends with this girl for about a year and a half now. Last week, she came out to me as bisexual. After that, I've just noticed how beautiful her personality, appearance, and mind are. I know I want something more with her, but I don't want to ruin the friendship we have now. 

Winged Whisperer

A crush? Could be. A crush usually manifests itself as when you want to develop a relationship with the person in question, so like if a genie asked you "Do you want this girl to be your girlfriend?" if you answer yes, then that's a crush. It's one of those things that you just know you have it, so it's a bit hard to explain.

TheSunshineKid

What you described sounds similar to how I felt about a friend once.... but I still wouldn’t have wanted to date her, and I wouldn’t have described it as “attraction.” I simply admired her as a person, and wanted to have a more meaningful and deeper friendship with her than I would have wanted with most people. We’re still good friends, and our friendship is still so important to me. Hope that helps, and good luck! 

I had that kind of feeling for someone for the first time and was questioning myself for so long. But as time goes by we become closer and we enjoyed the time together. It doesn't need to become a romantic relationship or something. It just become special friendship if you understand each other so well. I feel like what I have with that person is more special than most romantic relationship people have. But sometimes when that someone special is not asexual, it's a bit hard to see them with their sexual partners. A few months ago i told him that I kinda have emotional attachments and feelings for him and it's not okay for me to hangout with him and his partners together and things get better after I told him how I feel. We still even talked about his relationship problems and stuffs cuz I cared about him so much and I want him to be happy. It's kind of a valuable special friendship. My point here is don't try too hard on yourself trying to figure things out. Just go with the flow and enjoy the moment. If you are comfortable, communicate openly and let her know how you feel about her. 

Archived