A Musical with an Asexual Lead!

Demiheart

A musical called Ace of Hearts is being presented in the Melbourne Midsumma Pride Festival next year. The musical follows the story of Keira, a young woman who discovers she identifies as Asexual after well intending friends lead her through a series of dating mishaps. The musical is a comedy but also explores themes of sexual assault and suicide. 

Where: Melbourne, VIC, Australia

When: February 2019 

Category: Theatre
Source: Producer
Title: Ace of Hearts
Date: 06/12/18
Link: https://www.facebook.com/events/368726320364489/

I really hope its not one of those things where the person is "cured" of their asexuality at the end. It doesn't seem like it would be, but I'm a bit wary since so many things are like that.

Absolutely not! I won't give away the ending but I can assure you it's a visibility project meant to introduce and celebrate Asexuality :) 

If anyone wants to come let me know and I can organise discounted tickets!

Wish I could go, it's even in Australia (where I am) though not in my state. But I can't because i'm half-closeted (my family knows i'm asexual but they don't seem to know the word for it lol) and yeah... 

• 2 weeks later...

That sounds absolutely amazing! Wish I could go see it... it'd be awesome if it became available to view online. But just hearing about positive asexual representation makes me incredibly happy.

Hey all, if you'd like to come, use the code "Ilikecake" to get 10% off tickets here. Hope you can make it!

• 3 weeks later...
SherlockHomes

This sounds nice! I hope one day it will be performed outside of Australia.

Archived