SAVE THE MEMES!!!

DuskFire

I love memes and parodies you can find on the internet. They've cheered me up when I'm down and made me laugh more times than I can count.

But it's possible they may soon vanish! Along with other parodies, reviews, and criticisms of popular culture!

Watch this video Matpat does a good job explaining what this horrible bill could do to freedom of expression.

Spread the word!

That reminds me,

change.org/savetheinternet

3 hours ago, Jade Cross said:

This is the same thing that is threatening cosplayers. It has been kept somewhat hushed but there has been rumors that it could become illegal to cosplay because you would be "using" the image of a copyrighted character without permission :(

That's fucking sick!

I'm tired of these rich companies telling people what they can and cannot do! It's wrong! 

abandoned-account

This reminds me of back in 2011 when SOPA came up and tried to censor the internet because of copyrights and stuff like that. At least that never went through successfully and let's hope this won't either.

I wonder if this has anything to do with those horrendous disgusting "kids" videos that have been all over YouTube? I agree that those definitely need to go but good content creators shouldn't have to go down with them.

Archived