Evenstar

Have You Ever Been Rejected For Your Asexuality?

Recommended Posts

Evenstar

By a family member, friend, potential partner, employer, or someone else? Did they not accept you or deny your a/sexuality?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
blunose2772

ya. My girlfriend at the time was always trying to pressure me into sex but since I kept finding ways out of it she got frustrated and left. Fine by me for leaving if you can't accept who I am.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
St. Nyaaconix the II

Mhmmm, Not directly I guess... Because I wasn't aware at first... But I've deffo been rejected in the past for not being physical intimate in ways (in hindsight). 

 

Sorry, but I need some bond and be comfortably with you first... (Which can take a long time)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ceebs.

How would that come about with an employer? Is there anywhere that asks a person's sexual orientation?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Whatsis
7 hours ago, Evenstar said:

By a family member, friend, potential partner, employer, or someone else? Did they not accept you or deny your a/sexuality?

One of these things is not like the others.

 

A partner or potential partner is well within their purview to reject a person whose sexuality is incompatible with their own.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Winged Whisperer
On 12/5/2018 at 4:25 PM, Whatsis said:

 

A partner or potential partner is well within their purview to reject a person whose sexuality is incompatible with their own.

While sure, no one has to stay in a relationship with anyone ever and leave/reject their partner, it's possible to do so either considerately or abusively/harmfully. And one of these is not like the other.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
InquisitivePhilosopher
On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 6:32 AM, CBC said:

How would that come about with an employer? Is there anywhere that asks a person's sexual orientation?

Perhaps, it could be through office gossip that employees and employers discuss during the day, by others mentioning their marital status, how they have kids, etc. (and others not mentioning any of those things about their personal lives.)

 

It's why, decades ago, when laws allowed employers more rights to fire LGBT+ people, some LGBT+ people were afraid their employer might figure out that they weren't heterosexual through their lack of participation in office gossip about the things their heterosexual co-workers would mention about their lives (heterosexual partner, children, etc.) and fire them for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
little fish

My mom doesn't accept it. She thinks I'll grow out of it based on the fact that she only started experiencing sexuality when she was in her 20s, which is fair enough. (I'm almost 19.) But I know I won't change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Whatsis
On 12/6/2018 at 4:29 PM, Winged Whisperer said:

While sure, no one has to stay in a relationship with anyone ever and leave/reject their partner, it's possible to do so either considerately or abusively/harmfully. And one of these is not like the other.

I'm glad you mention it, @Winged Whisperer, because it's true that a lot of abusive behavior and general mindfuckery go on within intimate partnerships especially, and that cannot be acknowledged enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now