Coping with Cupio

Throgan

I haven't really been satisfied with the simple label of asexual, or even gray. Then I heard the definition of cupio-sexual/romantic this morning and it hit me like a ton of bricks. I instantly started researching - here, Google, tumblr, etc. - but pretty much the only things I can find about it are the definition, and people arguing about gatekeeping and how worthwhile or even dangerous the term is. Unhelpful.

No matter what everyone else thinks of the term, I'm looking for advice from others who identify as cupioromantic. I am having trouble understanding how to cope with the juxtaposition of a deep internal desire/need for a romantic relationship, but not having those feelings about anyone in particular. Do you just live with it unsatisfied? Do you just pick someone willing that you'd consider a close friend and try to make that work? Thank you very much in advance.

letusdeleteouraccounts

Well cupioromantic is an expression for aromantics who want a relationship of some sort. I’m not exactly aromantic but I’ve only had one romantic crush which is pretty close. For me it’s not really a need/desire for a relationship I would say, it’s more like life would probably be better if I was in a relationship. Regular people find the love of their life who just makes their experiences so much more fulfilling, meanwhile I’m sitting here wishing I had more meaningful friendships. If I was in a relationship, that would probably be all I need. Someone that will listen caringly, hold me accountable, and make me feel appreciated. It just sounds like an amazing experience whether I’m a attracted to the person or not. You see, I would go out to find that perfect friendship but I’m just not comfortable doing it and I’m full of anxiety. It’s really sad but it’s whatever I guess. I’m just hoping in the future to find a queerplatonic relationship that’ll fulfill what I’m looking for

Archived