Wanting to be desired?

lexilovely

So, I was at this party last night, and I found myself trying to catch the eye of this guy I had met earlier. We had had a good conversation and it was nice chatting with him but then during the party, I kind of... wanted his eyes on me? I don't know, it was a strange thing, because I wasn't interested in sex or kissing or dancing together or anything, but I wanted his attention... I thought I had heard of a romantic orientation like this, and wondered if anyone knew what it was called/ could relate to this experience in wanting to be wanted, but not craving any sort of sexual or romantic relationship/interaction

@lexilovely I tried to find a term for that for you, but I couldn't find anything, sorry.

I don't think there needs to be any fancy term for it. I get it, I feel the same way. Even though I'm not particularly interested in sex, I like it when my romantic partner desires me. Even physically. I don't feel the need to fulfill that, but I like it.

Human beings like attention. We like feeling good about ourselves. Knowing that someone can't take their eyes off of us? It's our tiny little dose of celebrity.

But just because you like being desired physically doesn't mean you aren't asexual. You're just human.

1 hour ago, Grimalkin said:

But just because you like being desired physically doesn't mean you aren't asexual. You're just human.

I'm not doubting my asexuality. I know I feel no attraction, I was just wondering if other people experienced that. (Also wanted to know if there was a name for it, bc a long time ago, I could have sworn I read it on an asexual spectrum lexicon of identities lol)

Archived