1. 1. What size dog do you like?

• Small
    • Medium
    • Large
    • I love all dogs
    • I don't like dogs

This poll is closed to new votes

Sure rants alot

I don't have a dog since I live in an apartment and I am getting older and kind of fearful of having to take a dog outside several times a day on a leash especially if it's icy or snowy outside. But if I had a dog, my favorites are : Boxers, German Shephard, Pug, Boston terrier or just an all around loveable mutt from the animal shelter.

I'm not really very fond of little  yippy yappy licky dogs like poodles, chihuahuas, yorkies etc.

I prefer medium to small dogs simply because of practicality. I own two tollers and a Chihuahua myself.
Chihuahua’s are hilarious, like a mix between a clown and monkey. After getting one I’ve realized just how much of bad rep they’ve gotten simply because people mistreat them. They’re not handbags or accessories, they’re God damn dogs! Treat them as such; make sure they get sufficient exercise and training and you can avoid a lot of the perceived issues such as yapping. I do Agilty, Rally-O, regular obedience, trick training and such with mine.

I have a nonsensical aversion to larger dogs probably because of bad experience around them earlier in my life. I don’t dislike large dogs, I just can’t completely relax around them. All large dogs I’ve had experience with have been barking madness.  
Two of our neighbours had German Sheppard’s, mean things, those acted like they were constantly pissed at the world. One charged me when I was around 7 managed to claw me over the eye before I clocked him in the snout, I still have the scar.

I grew up with a pack of wolfdogs, they were the sweetest but not practical in any sense of the word (except for the time when I was five and got lost on the mountain and they found me and lead me home) But caring for them wasn’t practical (they ate a lot, they shat a lot and trying to lock them up when you leave took hours of planning (either that or taking them with you for a trip into town which was awkward; Here comes grandpa with six wolfdogs <_<:D))

I love dogs. I like both dogs and cats. Even though dogs can be messy and loud (especially when they come inside after it's raining and they track muddy paw prints everywhere...) they are still very nice and loyal.

MonsterTurtle

I love all dogs but probably medium and big dogs.
Just because my neighbours' terriers used to always annoy me with their yapping 😂

everywhere and nowhere

I'm a little afraid of dogs and absolutely allergic to dogs. A few hours in a house with a dog can induce three days of asthma syptoms in me.

My favorite dog breeds are the ones that look like wolves (Huskies and Malamutes). However, I like any dog especially if they have a tendency to show affection

I wouldn't want a very large dog, because breeds like Great Danes have a tendency toward heart and joint problems.

I'm generally terrified of dogs, but the only ones I've been able to stand being around without fleeing are (perhaps oddly) the larger, fluffier types. I'm not good with dog breeds, but I think that'd be golden retrievers, and also the kind of wolfish looking ones (which is weird, because I'm also particularly scared of wolves). The small ones tend to be very loud and run around, so I'm always afraid they're running at me, and the biggest ones are just terrifyingly huge.

• 3 weeks later...

If the dogs sits in my lap or cuddles, don't matter size, I love them. Also if they be a dog

Guest Jetsun Milarepa

Love all dogs but I'd only keep one that was safe to walk on a lead.

I once looked after a massive Tibetan Madtiff for the temple and it was all I could do to keep myself on my feet when he took a notion of the Oval monkeys....

• 9 months later...

@CajunAce

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived