101 members have voted

1. 1. What size dog do you like?

• Small
    • Medium
    • Large
    • I love all dogs
    • I don't like dogs

This poll is closed to new votes

What's your preference in dog size? Do you like a small pupper that can sleep on your lap, a big pupper you can cuddle with, or a pupper in between?

You can also talk about what breeds you like/own. My family has a maltese-poodle mix and shitzu. But I've always wanted either a collie or a labradoodle!

EggplantWitch

Big! Big dogs! I have never met a big dog I do not like. But I still like dogs of other sizes, the percentage of breeds I find appealing just decreases with size - e.g. I really don't like most terriers, but I think spitz breeds and corgis are lovely. We have a mastiff-cross who is very large, and it's fun being able to shove her around or have her head in your lap when she's sitting next to you. I'm hoping to persuade my family to adopt another dog next year, hopefully one that's a little smaller!

Either a tiny one or a massive one :lol: my favourites are miniature Schnauzers and Newfoundlanders

My favourite dog was our Sam, who was a mix of springer spaniel and collie and sure some other breeds in him too, I'd call him a medium size dog.

My favorite dog breed is the Saint Bernard, so large I guess. Especially if they get along with cats 😁!

Image result for saint bernard and cats

All Dogs All The Time.

Also Cats.

tumblr_mcqmnu2euJ1r31ngfo1_400.gif

25 minutes ago, SpaceDustbin said:

Either a tiny one or a massive one :lol: my favourites are miniature Schnauzers and Newfoundlanders

My college sometimes bring a few therapy dogs on campus to relieve stress. 2 of them are newfoundlanders. I love petting them- they're soooooo fluffy and big! So much dog. So much love t give.

I have a soft spot for pugs and fluffy white pomeranians. Large dogs can be nice too, although I'm not sure if my cats would appreciate me bringing a large dog home. :lol:

I like small dogs better than big dogs but...I'm actually a bit scared of dogs. All of the dogs I've met in the past have been very jumpy and wild, and while cute, when they run at me I can only feel scared. I hope someday I get over my fear of dogs because I do find them quite cute, and my boyfriend loves them. For now if I get a pet I will stick to small animals like guinea pigs :)

RoseGoesToYale

Great Dane size is ideal. Give me giant lap dogs!

I had a dachshund named Winnie that I loved with all my heart. I like to stick around that size

I love all dogs (and cats), though I've only owned medium/large dogs - my last dog was a German Shepherd/Labrador cross and he was wonderfully stupid. You'd think that such a combo would give a highly intelligent beast, but he was a full on moron. On balance, he was very sweet and affectionate. And greedy...

I love all dogs. <3 Buuuuut I chose small because I am a sucker for small doggies. And Totey was a small old man. So I gravitate towards the small ones more (if I were to think of one for myself), but I give my love to ALL THE DOGS. :D 

Anthracite_Impreza

I prefer medium-large dogs, but I do like quite a lot of terriers so I don't mind small ones either. I have a list (oh yes) of breeds I would consider owning :P

Gundog:

Curly-coated Retriever

Flat-coated Retriever

Slovakian Wire-haired Pointer

German Wire-haired Pointer

Hound:

Azawakh

Borzoi (favourite ❤️)

Ibizan Hound (smooth and wire)

Greyhound

Sloughi

Whippet (second favourite ❤️)

Deerhound

Afghan Hound

Standard Dachshund (smooth, long and wire)

Basset Griffon Vendeen (Petit and Grand)

Pastoral:

Beauceron

Border Collie

Belgian Shepherd (Malinois, Tervueren and Groenendael)

Dutch Shepherd (wire, long and smooth)

Pembroke Welsh Corgi

Cardigan Welsh Corgi

Terrier:

Bedlington Terrier

Cesky Terrier

Irish Terrier

Kerry Blue Terrier

Glen of Imaal Terrier

Manchester Terrier

Soft-coated Wheaten Terrier

Toy:

Italian Greyhound

Utility:

Dalmatian

Working:

Cane Corso

Caucasian Ovcharka

Hovawart

Karst Shepherd Dog

Sarplaninac

English Mastiff

Neapolitan Mastiff

Spanish Mastiff

Tibetan Mastiff

Obviously, the dogs shouldn't be extreme in any way; some have been bred badly in the past (excessive wrinkles, poor structure etc.), but things are improving. And I would never buy a mutilated (cropped, docked) dog.

I love all kinds of doggos, but for a pet I prefer medium or medium-large. I'm not the biggest fan of little dogs because usually they're yappy or I'm afraid to step on them or roll over them on accident... I also want to be a responsible owner and not get a dog that's too big and I can't handle. I'm a small woman, so buying a dog that's too big and I can't hold back can cause problems.

Edit: As for breeds, I love the way Dobermans look, and I want a German Pinscher because it's smaller than a dobbie. Shiba Inus are also super cute, but I heard they're pretty intelligent, independent, and have a mind of their own. I'm used to working with dogs though from almost all backgrounds, so I don't think a really strong willed one would be an issue. I also think the medium sized poodles are adorable!

I prefer a medium sized dog, but I am absolutely committed to keeping German Shepherds, one big dog at a time.

Spoiler

PICT0077.jpg

@smallnsparky sometimes the dummer dogs make the better pets.  I have even found a broad range in intelligence in Shepherds.

I love shelties.  My last one was big for a sheltie, my present one is small.  Since I have had him, I have become fonder of sparky little dogs, yaps and all. :P

3 hours ago, Gizamaluke said:

All Dogs All The Time.

Also Cats.

tumblr_mcqmnu2euJ1r31ngfo1_400.gif

3 hours ago, NerotheReaper said:

All doggos are good doggos 

AGREE! 

This is me:

ac00211c310c08d7e1ef2c67e2310380.jpg

2 minutes ago, Graceful said:

AGREE! 

This is me:

ac00211c310c08d7e1ef2c67e2310380.jpg

dogs-running2.gif

I love all dogs!!!! BUT big dogs are the absolute bestest dogs! Just their cute borks!!!!

Major phobia here

Dog size is fine :)

5 hours ago, Sleighcaptain said:

Major phobia here

yeah, I know a few people who are afraid of dogs. It happens. My grandmother has a deep fear of chickens because she was traumatized by them as a kid. She even refuses to eat chicken or any similarly tasting meat.

None, but the few dogs I can stand have been smaller-medium-sized.

Guest Deus Ex Infinity

I love all kind of dogs but would like to own a large breed myself. Dalmatian, Great Dane, Husky, White Sherpherd, Saarloos Wolfhound, Weimaraner or Greyhound 💖

• 2 months later...

I don't prefer a dog as a pet, because I've always grown up with cats. If a did go to a shelter to pick out a dog, because I'm so short and small in size, I would go with a small to medium dog.

Archived