Squish vs. Crush

Agent_Smith

I'm very confused as to what a platonic relationship is. Overall, I'm just very confused as to what the differences are between a crush and a squish. Please explain.

The way I understand it is that in a platonic relationship, you might have strong feelings for a person, but you feel like if you kissed them, it'd be like kissing your sister or brother or whatever. That's the way it feels like to me at least. 

I don't want to do anything with the other person other than sit there and talk with them for hours. Then I'm happy.

Based on the title of the thread, I'm guessing that by "platonic relationship" you mean "queerplatonic relationship" as opposed to an ordinary friendship. 

I would define it a bit differently.  Some romances have no physical/sensual component.  In general, I would say that a QPR has some aspects of a romance, but not others. 

When I distinguish between romance and friendship, I say that romantic partners share their lives and platonic friends don't.  Queerplatonic partners might share some parts of their lives, but not others.  Maybe you feel some obligation for regular social contact, but feel okay keeping major secrets from each other in a way that you wouldn't if you were romantic partners.

That's just one hypothetical example.

Archived