Sex favourable ace or demisexual?

DogObsessedLi

@Philip027 If someone has sex because they enjoy sex, and not because they feel an attraction towards the person they are enjoying sex with, then I don't see how you can meaningfully say they are sexually attracted to that person.

DogObsessedLi

Action isn't attraction. How do I close a thread that I've started... please I've got my answer.

Unfortunately, you can't close a thread yourself only a moderator can.

If someone has sex because they enjoy sex, and not because they feel an attraction towards the person they are enjoying sex with, then I don't see how you can meaningfully say they are sexually attracted to that person.

It's because sex requires another person.  Without that other person, you wouldn't be having sex.  The attraction is therefore inherent in the action.

If you "enjoy sex" enough to the point you actively pursue it with someone, that means you are attracted to that person and that you really aren't any different from a typical sexual person.  There isn't any getting around that, as much as some people love to try to jump through all sorts of mental hurdles to try to explain why they're still technically asexual.

DogObsessedLi

@Puck are you the mod. Can you close this thread or tell me who is the mod (I noticed you are mod to another post in this forum area so taking an educated guess). Thanks

@LizLianne Could you not be both demisexual and sex-favourable? I currently view myself as a sex-favourable asexual since I've experienced arousal, masturbation and am not repulsed by the idea of sex. I also often consider (partly because of this) if I'm demisexual because I find the concept of a sexual and romantic relationship appealing though I have yet to encounter anyone I've wanted to be involved with that way.

DogObsessedLi

And I'm not discussing action vs attraction any more. Look up about asexuality book and the likes. Action ain't attraction. This wasn't what my posting was about

@Philip027 I disagree with attraction being inherent in the act since people have engaged in the act with those they find sexually unattractive, so to me, it seems like you're jumping through mental hurdles and not me, but I'm not going to argue the point with you further.

DogObsessedLi
3 minutes ago, Kuraara said:

@LizLianne Could you not be both demisexual and sex-favourable? I currently view myself as a sex-favourable asexual since I've experienced arousal, masturbation and am not repulsed by the idea of sex. I also often consider (partly because of this) if I'm demisexual because I find the concept of a sexual and romantic relationship appealing though I have yet to encounter anyone I've wanted to be involved with that way.

Possibly. If there's attraction it's ultra ultra grey, which of course is part of the ace spec anyway. 

I disagree with attraction being inherent in the act since people have engaged in the act with those they find sexually unattractive,

Again, there is a difference between being okay with having sex and actually desiring it.

1 minute ago, Philip027 said:

Again, there is a difference between being okay with having sex and actually desiring it.

I've pointed out the difference between desiring sex and desiring a specific person sexually.

Can we please drop it now. I feel guilty enough for derailing this thread as it is.

And I've pointed out there isn't actually any difference.  You can't "desire sex" unless it's with another person, because sex does not happen without another person.

@Philip027 If you want to discuss this further please consider making another thread? Both LizLianne and MichealTannock have expressed displeasure and discomfort about discussing this issue on this particular thread. Plus having a dedicated thread would attract other members who are interested in participating in this specific discussion.

This discussion has been done to death elsewhere already.  This is just one more thread on top of the pile.

If people keep responding, I will too (if I'm still interested).  Just how discussions work.  Hell, I'm responding to you now.  See how that works?

As this has gone completely off topic, closing this. 

Skycaptain moderator TGA 

Archived