Tell me, what is authentic madness?

havenseeker

I tend to think of a safe haven as something very personal. What one feels as safe may feel suffocating to another or disorderly to yet another. Still, universal compassion is worth striving for and will lead everyone closer to their safe haven.

9 minutes ago, Chilli Pepper said:

I tend to think of a safe haven as something very personal. What one feels as safe may feel suffocating to another or disorderly to yet another.

Of course. what is home to one may not be home to another. 

Wouldn't a form of compassion be accepting the different needs and wants of someone and then helping them in a way they will not feel suffocated?

Some people need hugs when they're sad. But hugs don't do the same for me.

Sure, I was just trying to point out that the idea of a "safe haven for everyone" might be a difficult goal, where universal compassion is much more practical.

True, compassion can be somewhat different between people too. Some focus on physical affection, others on understanding. I guess the less understood people feel the more important the understanding aspect becomes, relative to physical affection.

13 minutes ago, Chilli Pepper said:

Sure, I was just trying to point out that the idea of a "safe haven for everyone" might be a difficult goal, where universal compassion is much more practical.

True, compassion can be somewhat different between people too. Some focus on physical affection, others on understanding. I guess the less understood people feel the more important the understanding aspect becomes, relative to physical affection.

i literally think a safe haven for everyone is impossible. however, i am too stupid to stop dreaming.

what the face

Precisely.

Trying to understand relationship, yes.

I could get by before on memory of details and some level of intuition.

But that's not the same, I'm discovering, as perceiving/understanding those

connections between myself and others.  

Compassion comes rather easy to me.

True compassion may be my future life's work.

Yeah    "Ripple effect", critical mass, "everything".

Simple Optimism 

46 minutes ago, what the face said:

But that's not the same, I'm discovering, as perceiving/understanding those

connections between myself and others.  

Of course, because not everyone is the same.

47 minutes ago, what the face said:

Compassion comes rather easy to me.

True compassion may be my future life's work.

What work, specifically for you, is that?

Guest Jetsun Milarepa

I always thought that the definition of 'never learning from  mistakes and banging your head on the same brick wall' is a good definition of true madness.

4 hours ago, chandrakirti said:

I always thought that the definition of 'never learning from  mistakes and banging your head on the same brick wall' is a good definition of true madness.

yeah, that is a common definition that is associated with madness

• 5 months later...

Abandoning all hope is madness. Even in hell, existence is temporary. Pain is fleeting. Being receptive to new approaches has saved me over and over.

Skycaptain

British politics at the moment = Authentic madness 

Which reminds me, I completely forgot to vote, which makes me feel a bit bad.😅 Actually haven't left the house for three days, because total lethargy. Been eating pasta with soy sauce and hot sauce. Heh, strangely learned to enjoy that stuff living like a hermit. Out of food now, need to shower and go grocery shopping before I start eating shoes and cardboard. Ah well.. probably good to see the sun again.

Archived