giulss

Making out while drunk

giulss

Hi! I'm 18 years old and very recently I started noticing a trend in my behaviour. When I'm sober I am completely repulsed by the idea of someone making out with me and the few times it has happened the best I can feel is indifference, the worse...disgust. However, here's the tricky part. When I'm drunk I am absolutely fine with making out with people and I even enjoy it. When I wake up in the morning after these "drunk make out sessions" I don't really regret anything or feel the disgust I feel when sober. Sometimes I wish I could feel the same way I feel when making out drunk, sober. Any other ace ever had the same experience? Ways to deal with this? Advice?

njosnavelin

Many “accidents “ happen with alcohol. From some drinking and driving their car home accidentally kills someone to accidentally having kisses lead to sex a baby is born.  It isn’t only you.  Be careful. Beware of yourself and whom you are with.

My advice substain from drinking until you are in a good safe place with friends around who you trust can get you out in case of trouble.

• Like 2

MichaelTannock

Welcome to AVEN!

I've never gotten drunk, so I don't know what to add, sorry.

Incidentally, it is a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake,

ZWughhv.jpg

• Like 1

Wineblood

I've done the same when drinking, I don't think it's unusual behaviour. Even straight people will make a move on someone they normally wouldn't go for while sober. 18 year olds do tend to go overboard when drinking, but there's a point where you grow out of it and that kind of behaviour won't happen as often.

Charna
On 12/1/2018 at 7:55 PM, giulss said:

Hi! I'm 18 years old and very recently I started noticing a trend in my behaviour. When I'm sober I am completely repulsed by the idea of someone making out with me and the few times it has happened the best I can feel is indifference, the worse...disgust. However, here's the tricky part. When I'm drunk I am absolutely fine with making out with people and I even enjoy it. When I wake up in the morning after these "drunk make out sessions" I don't really regret anything or feel the disgust I feel when sober. Sometimes I wish I could feel the same way I feel when making out drunk, sober. Any other ace ever had the same experience? Ways to deal with this? Advice?

You are only 18 and have plenty of time to figure out what you want/enjoy (or not), but alcohol is not a good way to do it, I'd say.

• Like 2

Snaodolph

I find it easier to do when drinking, but I don't enjoy it enough to make me rethink if I'd want to make out with people sober, let alone on a regular basis. Things feel less forced when I'm tipsy. That's what it comes down to, not unlocking some hidden desire. I don't regret anything after the fact because I'm generally indifferent to being involved in sensual activities, and I don't have any issues with them in principle. 

I would caution against making it a regular thing, or getting drunk for the primary reason of loosening up to make out with someone. If you're drinking to have a good time in a social environment and happen to warm up to an offer to make out, that's quite different from going somewhere with the intent of making out with someone and relying on alcohol to help you. 

• Like 2

giulss
On 12/7/2018 at 10:11 PM, Snaodolph said:

I find it easier to do when drinking, but I don't enjoy it enough to make me rethink if I'd want to make out with people sober, let alone on a regular basis. Things feel less forced when I'm tipsy. That's what it comes down to, not unlocking some hidden desire. I don't regret anything after the fact because I'm generally indifferent to being involved in sensual activities, and I don't have any issues with them in principle. 

I would caution against making it a regular thing, or getting drunk for the primary reason of loosening up to make out with someone. If you're drinking to have a good time in a social environment and happen to warm up to an offer to make out, that's quite different from going somewhere with the intent of making out with someone and relying on alcohol to help you. 

You are totally right!! It's now been over a month I haven't 1. made out with anyone, 2. been drunk and I honestly feel great. The thought of making out (while sober) doesn't really appeal to me and I definitely shouldn't drink just in order to make out with someone and enjoy it (yes I have indeed done this before, yes I do realize in hindsight that it wasn't the smartest move)

• Like 2