How common are black rings?

Agent_Smith

How common are black rings  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Do you know what a black ring symbolizes? (when worn on the right hand middle finger)

• Yes
    • No, not really
  2. 2. Do you wear a black ring?

• Yes
    • No
    • I prefer not to say

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/03/18 at 11:12 PM

I've just been wondering what percentage of people wear the black rings. :)

Yeah, I get why people want to wear them (aces), but outsiders are just as likely to wear them for fashion or whatever or swingers will wear them, it's not like a typical relationship ring (promise, engagement, marriage) wear you can tell what the ring is just by looking at it, even if it says "ace" people could assume you're a gambler or something 😂

I've personally never seen anyon with a black ring

I wear one, but not seen anyone outside of an Ace meet wearing one :)

1 minute ago, Conor said:

So, I'm going to be the uninformed one of the group. What exactly does the black ring stand for when worn by an ace? 

Just that, they’re ace. Means nothing else.

I would like to wear one, but I'm not big on jewelry or stuff on my fingers.

Immediately went and bought a black ring after viewing this thread, but only because someone mentioned you can get fidget rings which are all black the other day on a thread about rings.

I got my black ring just for myself, so I didn't feel so alone when I found out about asexuality.

However, I have actually had a couple of people recognise it as an ace ring, not even at ace meet-ups! One was at an LGBT+ meet-up, where a girl there had an ace friend. The other was a friend of a friend who's ace and happened to notice it. She asked if I was ace, I said yes, and we high-fived 😄

I voted "prefer not to say," the truth is I lost my ring. I'm going shopping a week from today, I think I'm going to sneak in a black ring in there. The other ring also bothered my fingers because it was slightly too small, so I'm going to go for a bigger size.

26 minutes ago, Flute16 said:

I voted "prefer not to say," the truth is I lost my ring. I'm going shopping a week from today, I think I'm going to sneak in a black ring in there. The other ring also bothered my fingers because it was slightly too small, so I'm going to go for a bigger size.

That happened to me as well, and it was decidedly discomforting. I ordered two off of Amazon, so I've got a backup on hand.

If anyone is thinking of getting one, I'd recommend ceramic. Ceramic rings are cheap (especially if you buy online. Mine were ~30$CND), durable, and look nice.

45 minutes ago, Camicon said:

That happened to me as well, and it was decidedly discomforting. I ordered two off of Amazon, so I've got a backup on hand.

If anyone is thinking of getting one, I'd recommend ceramic. Ceramic rings are cheap (especially if you buy online. Mine were ~30$CND), durable, and look nice.

Thanks, I've been thinking about it for a long time

That Demi Mammoth

I don't wear one at the minute, but I plan on getting one soon.

I brought myself one on Black Friday. Immediately got attached to it and now I feel "incomplete" without it.

Haven't seen any other people with black rings yet and nobody around me seems to know what it means (Or they might but just aren't saying anything?), but one day I hope I run into another ace or someone aware of the meaning. That would be great! 😀 Also I always look for the black ring on people's hands all the time, like when I walk past people in public. The day will come!

Guest Deus Ex Infinity
19 hours ago, Lilsi said:

I wear one, but not seen anyone outside of an Ace meet wearing one :)

Me too but that's actually quite fine. It still remains as rare but clear icon of recognition among members of the asexual spectrum.

2 hours ago, Deus Ex Infinity said:

Me too but that's actually quite fine. It still remains as rare but clear icon of recognition among members of the asexual spectrum.

I'm not  bothered if anyone recognises it's real meaning, but i do sometimes wonder if people may think i am a swinger haha XD 

Thank you to everyone who contributed to the poll. :)

• 1 year later...

@Agent_Smith

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived