Does Salad Belong in a Bowl or Plate?

AceyMacey

Salad  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Does Salad Belong on a plate or in a bowl?

• Plate
    • Bowl
    • Both are fine
    • I don't really care
    • Other opinion (please explain below)

This poll is closed to new votes

I don't like salad. It might as well be on the floor or in a toilet bowl as far as I'm concerned; I won't eat it in any event.

Depends. If been made up, in a bowl. If served, on a plate.

A shard of glass

Salad belongs in the bin. Burger please ❤️

It depends where you are. At restaurants, they need to be in a bowl, it's just weird otherwise. But at home, you have to eat it on a plate, because if you use a bowl, they are the wrong shape, or are too big to fill to the top with salad (having a half empty salad bowl is not an option). I never thought I had this opinion until now...

i find that it is easier to mix my salads in a bowl and i am too lazy to put it on a plate. 

I keep seeing comments about mixing salads and sorry, but that’s just wrong. Am I the only person that has salad things on a plate and takes a little of each on a fork to get a nice mouthful? I feel like the only one here.

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Ardoise said:

Am I the only person here who actively dislikes salad dressing?

I don’t understand it. Maybe some mayo to have with it, but to have some kind of dressing sounds wrong, it will ruin the taste.

Both. Made in bowl, served in a bowled, transffered to my plate. 

In general, either is fine. Although in my university's dining halls the bowls they have for salad are really small, so I prefer using a plate here if I can.

• 4 months later...

It belongs on a Bowl-Plate.

That way you have the surface area of a regular plate and the high edges to keep the salad from spilling.

• 6 months later...

@AceyMacey

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived