Does Salad Belong in a Bowl or Plate?

AceyMacey

Salad  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Does Salad Belong on a plate or in a bowl?

• Plate
    • Bowl
    • Both are fine
    • I don't really care
    • Other opinion (please explain below)

This poll is closed to new votes

I feel very strongly about the fact that salad on a plate is objectively worse that salad in a bowl. I mean, it's hard to mix the dressing around and things fall off, just no. 

Please share your thoughts on this serious hot button issue.

I mostly only eat salad these days so I need it to fit into something bigger than the average bowl or plate. I make mine in a big cast iron pan which is kind of a mix between a bowl and plate, just larger than both. Nom.

To me, both are fine but a bowl is ideal. However, at my school cafeteria, I sometimes use either one. Depends on what's available. If I have to use a plate, I get less salad so I have plenty of room.

everywhere and nowhere

Bowl is more comfortable. However, I don't eat salads often. I prefer warm meals and just veggies are fine (I don't eat meat anyway, which doesn't mean I eat only veggies - pasta is not a vegetable, for example), but I still prefer them warm and a little cooked of fried.

Rather in a bowl than on a plate. When I share salad (usually from a bowl), I subsequently put it on a plate.

What I've never understood, is why you're supposed to eat it with a fork. It is MUCH easier to eat salad with a spoon. Like, who decided that forks are for salad?

15 minutes ago, sh*t said:

in a glass

J7W549R.jpg

You heathen

8 minutes ago, Podsnap said:

What I've never understood, is why you're supposed to eat it with a fork. It is MUCH easier to eat salad with a spoon. Like, who decided that forks are for salad?

Depends on the salad. With very big pieces and (e.g.) a lot of lettuce, a fork is quite convenient.

Bowl. When I eat salads on a plate some of the pieces could end up falling off.

So long as you don't toss it, it doesn't matter 

Bowl, because the salad pieces don't have support walls for you to easily pick them up, otherwise. Plates work, but it's more awkward because you have to situate the dressing and salad more often.

47 minutes ago, Podsnap said:

.....so you can stab into the salad and it won't slip off.....like it will with a spoon.

58 minutes ago, Podsnap said:

I eat salad with chop sticks, I think it's the best way.

1 hour ago, Podsnap said:

I got an irish ceasar salad (not Irish Irish, more the chef puts what ever he wants in it. Wherever I go in Ireland, it is a surprise with different ingredients. No 2 are the same) yesterday and I was nearly going to ask for a spoon with it.

Thankfully it did come in a bowl.

Salad as a side is whatever is best for the main but bowls where it is the main, unless only bowls available are small

I almost eat food from a bowl/plastic tub exclusively now, but salad is best on a plate to be able to get a little bit of each item at once.

RoseGoesToYale

FREE THE SALAD! I propose a salad liberation movement. It shouldn't have to adhere to strict dinner rolls!

Bowl! It’s easier to get what you want on the fork without getting salad on the table if it’s in a bowl.

While I’m not really a fan of salads (don’t like a lot of leafy greens), I feel like a bowl is probably the best option. First, it’d be easier to mix around in if you put something on/in it. Secondly, it’s contained so it won’t slide around as much when you’re eating it. Whenever I go to a restaurant and eat a dish with greens or leafy vegetables that I can manage to stomach (e.g. a piece of meat on a bed of something), I prefer when they’re served on at least on of those deeper, bowl-like plates.

salad in a bowl for me, i make a salad at home put in a bowl add a little dressing find a corresponding lid and give a little shake ready to eat at home or at work.

J. van Deijck

salad belongs in my stomach, that's all I know.

A bowl is so much more convenient...

18 hours ago, Mewtwo said:

Depends on my mood

How does that work? "Careful, people. Mewtwo is in a bowly mood today..." :D

Archived