High school relationship problems

Blushing Bunny

Blushing Bunny

So I recently started dating this boy. I’m asexual but he keeps on talking about sex-related topics to me and I don’t know what he is trying to hint at. But maybe I’m overthinking this, because I am not even at the legal age to have sex yet. I need to tell him soon but we’re also going on a date soon so I’d rather go out on that and then tell him before he might potentially break up with me. 

• 1 month later...

Hello! I see this post was a couple months ago so I'm not sure if its still relevant but it doesn't hurt to send a reply anyways! First off your'e totally not overthinking this. Considering you are in high school and knowing how high school boys can be, I have a hunch that he talks about sex-related topics to try to hint that he wants to have sex or perform sexual acts. Most people don't pay much attention to the fact that there is supposed to be a legal age to have sex and a lot of high schoolers feel the need to have sex because of peer pressure or their social status or whatever. I'm a second year college student so I'm not that far out of high school and I have plenty of friends who are still in high school and I'm sorry to say most guys just want to have sex. If you are still with him, or even if your'e not, I think its best that if you are trying to date a sexual person, to let them know early on that your'e asexual and make sure your'e prepared to explain it to them because they might not understand. My girlfriend is a sexual person and we were best friends for a while before we started dating and I told her I was demisexual and even since we started dating she was perfectly okay with taking things slowly. 

No matter what happens, you need to make sure you find someone that respects you. Don't let anyone make you feel ashamed for not wanting to have sex because its not a choice and some people won't see it for what it truly is. It's sad but true. Just take time when looking for a romantic partner. Best of luck!

• 3 weeks later...
Blushing Bunny
On 1/14/2019 at 4:21 PM, Red99 said:

Hello! I see this post was a couple months ago so I'm not sure if its still relevant but it doesn't hurt to send a reply anyways! First off your'e totally not overthinking this. Considering you are in high school and knowing how high school boys can be, I have a hunch that he talks about sex-related topics to try to hint that he wants to have sex or perform sexual acts. Most people don't pay much attention to the fact that there is supposed to be a legal age to have sex and a lot of high schoolers feel the need to have sex because of peer pressure or their social status or whatever. I'm a second year college student so I'm not that far out of high school and I have plenty of friends who are still in high school and I'm sorry to say most guys just want to have sex. If you are still with him, or even if your'e not, I think its best that if you are trying to date a sexual person, to let them know early on that your'e asexual and make sure your'e prepared to explain it to them because they might not understand. My girlfriend is a sexual person and we were best friends for a while before we started dating and I told her I was demisexual and even since we started dating she was perfectly okay with taking things slowly. 

No matter what happens, you need to make sure you find someone that respects you. Don't let anyone make you feel ashamed for not wanting to have sex because its not a choice and some people won't see it for what it truly is. It's sad but true. Just take time when looking for a romantic partner. Best of luck!

Thank you for responding nevertheless! We broke up, not for that reason, but this was very helpful for my future relationships.😊

Fluffy Femme Guy

Just a warning about (most) highschool students (not just boys), they will most likely want *some* kind of sexual activity.

Archived