Actualization - in the web definition

ohmygosh

ac·tu·al·ize

(ăk′cho͞o-ə-līz′)

v. ac·tu·al·ized, ac·tu·al·iz·ing, ac·tu·al·iz·es
v.tr.
1. To realize in action or make real: "More flexible life patterns could ... nurture and renew our spirits through opportunities to actualize personal dreams" (Fred Best).
2. To describe or portray realistically.
v.intr.
To become actual.

My heart has been in an ever-flexing and wanting to know- place.   I think I was born that way.  Tonight, I am wondering about actualization.  It means different things in language just like our own ideals do sometimes.   It is a term that we can use to explain a constant state of flux, and more concisely to just be able to gather - up what you hold to be true for yourself.   It's like it's a word that is known to be exact, but it allows for all of the encompassing factors that got you to that place of actualization.  

The definition changes completely when it becomes self-actualization.  But, I think that self actualization may just be the accepted culmination of actualizing.

I just don't have the friends group in my facebook to sound-board random thoughts.  I'm okay with that.  that's a part of my actualization...  I do appreciate whatever responses I get and I do always read them... when I can... with an open mind. 

Want to talk about actualization?  I would like to hear it.  I think it relates to all of the parts that make us up in a word.

Guest Jetsun Milarepa

I first heard it back in the 1970s in relation to Eleanor Roosevelt being a 'self actualised person' according to the Psychology fraternity. As far as I recall, it cropped up in a talk about Maslow's hierarchy of needs. Very interesting, 

Archived