Jump to content
Lacyvivian

Romantic vs Plotonic

Recommended Posts

Lacyvivian

I was wondering how to identify the difrence between a Romantic relationship and a Platonic one. I have always associated a romantic relationship with being inherently sexual which contridicts the nature of my current relationship and has cause me to have alot of pain trying to reconcile my ideas of a Romantic relationship and the current one I am in. I care deeply about my partner and I want to be able to better understand the nature of our relationship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bio 7

Romantic is different to different people. Some people consider kissing, cuddling... to be romantic while some see the cuddling as platonic. I don’t have any experience but this is mainly what I’ve gathered from reading experiences from other people, it is very complicated and mixed. What I do know is that sexual activities need never enter a relationship for it to be romantic.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vårin

I thought that romance was wanting to be in a committed relationship regardless of how that looks like...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

I think romantic and platonic relationships, on the outside, look very similar but the difference is the emotion felt in those relationships. I find it really difficult to explain. Some people can't really tell the difference and that's okay. I know this doesn't help but I feel emotions/energy in colors and romantic relationships are a dark red whereas platonic relationships are light but saturated yellow. I don't know. I think romantic relationships have a deep deep connection, like the two are connected body and soul (even if it's not physical). For platonic, the connection can be just as deep but it's more simple and pure and... yellow. 😅 It's so hard to explain. The amount of physical shtuff like hugging and kissing does not actually determine it because there are some friends that hug and give each other kisses and there are some romantic couples who don't. It's complex.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vårin
11 minutes ago, RiddleMeThisTom said:

I think romantic and platonic relationships, on the outside, look very similar but the difference is the emotion felt in those relationships. I find it really difficult to explain. Some people can't really tell the difference and that's okay. I know this doesn't help but I feel emotions/energy in colors and romantic relationships are a dark red whereas platonic relationships are light but saturated yellow. I don't know. I think romantic relationships have a deep deep connection, like the two are connected body and soul (even if it's not physical). For platonic, the connection can be just as deep but it's more simple and pure and... yellow. 😅 It's so hard to explain. The amount of physical shtuff like hugging and kissing does not actually determine it because there are some friends that hug and give each other kisses and there are some romantic couples who don't. It's complex.

It is cool that you see colour! It is about connection yes. I have just meet one person in my whole life I feel that way about in it is very different from friendship. Both a friend and a romantic partner does (ideally) improve your life or else you would not want them around... but I think romance is more complex as you say. I can not find words right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vårin

I see a romantic partner as someone that complete...no, I do not want to use that word. They help you balance yourself because they have things in themselves that are the same, but also oppesite of yours. They way they think/feel synchronises with you in a complex way and ideal gives a sense of harmony. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
2 minutes ago, Vårin said:

I see a romantic partner as someone that complete...no, I do not want to use that word. They help you balance yourself because they have things in themselves that are the same, but also oppesite of yours. They way they think/feel synchronises with you in a complex way and ideal gives a sense of harmony. 

Yes!! I agree! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vårin

So it is not about what you DO. It is about how you connect. How complex and intricate that connection is...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vårin

If one sees such a person one would obviously want to be in a relationship with them because you almost want to become one with them. How you choose to express this love is up to you. Could be sex. Could be hugs and kisses and romantic dates. Could be pillow fighting and long walks just talking. Could be anything really.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vårin
46 minutes ago, RiddleMeThisTom said:

I know this doesn't help but I feel emotions/energy in colors and romantic relationships are a dark red whereas platonic relationships are light but saturated yellow. I don't know. I think romantic relationships have a deep deep connection, like the two are connected body and soul (even if it's not physical). For platonic, the connection can be just as deep but it's more simple and pure and... yellow. 😅

I am curious...do you see colours for all emotions? I am writing a story you see and I have an object in the story that is called a "memory sphere" and that changes colours based on what kind of memory is stored. What kind of emotion(s) are in it. If it is sad it might be blue or something, but I want to be really specific. Like a memory can be a really intense ocean blue or a pale yellow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
22 hours ago, Vårin said:

I am curious...do you see colours for all emotions? I am writing a story you see and I have an object in the story that is called a "memory sphere" and that changes colours based on what kind of memory is stored. What kind of emotion(s) are in it. If it is sad it might be blue or something, but I want to be really specific. Like a memory can be a really intense ocean blue or a pale yellow.

It's not so much that I see it but I feel it. I feel those colors for emotions/feelings and energy/auras. i don't think what I feel is universal, like if everyone felt the colors, I don't know if they would all necessarily feel the color I do but that's just what I think. I think it's subjective, maybeeee. Yeah. But yeah, I feel colors for all emotions. 😊 Good luck with your story! It sounds really cool. If I can help in any way let me know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vårin
Just now, RiddleMeThisTom said:

It's not so much that I see it but I feel it. I feel those colors for emotions/feelings and energy/auras. i don't think what I feel is universal, like if everyone felt the colors, I don't know if they would all necessarily feel the color I do but that's just what I think. I think it's subjective, maybeeee. Yeah. But yeah, I feel colors for all emotions. 😊 Good luck with your story! It sounds really cool. If I can help in any way let me know.

I belive it is subjective to. I was just thinking you might give me some inspiration. I just made a tread on the "philosophy" section of the forum. I can send you the link if you like. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vårin

@RiddleMeThisTom I do not think I feel colour like you do, but I do paint and I choose colours based on what feels right to me.

 

What do one call the ability when people smell or tast colours? I know of people that can even feel other people emotions and have difficulty distinguishing them from their own. I really want to make a character that has this power...or curse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ryn2
22 minutes ago, Vårin said:

What do one call the ability when people smell or tast colours?

Synesthesia...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
1 hour ago, Vårin said:

@RiddleMeThisTom I do not think I feel colour like you do, but I do paint and I choose colours based on what feels right to me.

 

What do one call the ability when people smell or tast colours? I know of people that can even feel other people emotions and have difficulty distinguishing them from their own. I really want to make a character that has this power...or curse.

 

1 hour ago, ryn2 said:

Synesthesia...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synesthesia   Yep

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vårin

I do however think one should stay away from romantic relationships until one is safe in oneself tho. To find balance with another one most first have balance in self. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Neshama
On 11/30/2018 at 7:12 AM, Vårin said:

@RiddleMeThisTom I do not think I feel colour like you do, but I do paint and I choose colours based on what feels right to me.

 

What do one call the ability when people smell or tast colours? I know of people that can even feel other people emotions and have difficulty distinguishing them from their own. I really want to make a character that has this power...or curse.

Speaking from experience, it's neither a power nor a curse. It's simply a different way of perceiving the world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...