what if god was one of us?

Anthracite_Impreza

God is dog backwards, thus god is actually Dog.

3e922691f03dbe17728bf824a6d43aa3.jpg

3 minutes ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

God is dog backwards, thus god is actually Dog.

3e922691f03dbe17728bf824a6d43aa3.jpg

OMG what a beautiful dog😍😭 he smiling, is he/she yours? 

Anthracite_Impreza
4 minutes ago, Acebooklove said:

OMG what a beautiful dog😍😭 he smiling, is he/she yours? 

No, random internet dog ;) This is mine. She is also Dog.

Fluties here (😏), you guys talking about Jesus? I'm here to convert y'all!

To be serious, I like Anthracite's idea of God being a dog. 😂 OK, maybe not so serious. 

Anthracite_Impreza
4 minutes ago, Flute16 said:

Fluties here (😏), you guys talking about Jesus? I'm here to convert y'all!

To be serious, I like Anthracite's idea of God being a dog. 😂 OK, maybe not so serious. 

Tis not an idea, tis canine truth.

Alejandrogynous

Great, now I'm going to have that song stuck in my head for the rest of the day.

So assuming that God was capable of maintaining a corporeal form on earth without the demiurgical force ripping his/her/their body apart then God, I'm assuming a Christian god, would then become one of the chosen people living in Aram Naharaim since this place seems so important in Genesis. He would own slaves, mostly likely the direct descendants of Ham the first person in the Bible, Noah's son, to commit a homosexual act; apparently accidentally walking in on his drunk, naked father counts as a sin. God would most likely start a vineyard like so many Biblical figures and drink as much as he would care.

Now, leaving the canonical Bible and looking at Christian folkore, specifically African, we know that the African people have a much more personal relationship with God because in many Christian African tales God is a man who lives just outside of town by the river, and heaven is tied to the earth by a silver string. Human God is very magical and can help people in lots of ways, he was once asked to make a baby and he made the most beautiful black baby out of clay, which the mother's baked in an oven until they heard it cry. People were so impressed that they asked God to make as many as possible, eventually God got so tired he made a mistake, an ugly, white baby. The father of this baby was so angry he tried to kill God, but God and his wife escaped to heaven, cut it free and floated away. Then God cursed all of Africa forever.

So from this we can infer God as a human would be a helpful Jewish-African man, who owns many slaves, preferably Caanites, working in his vineyards. He would make mistakes occasionally when tired or drunk. He would hold massive grudges but at the same time would probably make the world around him as perfect as he could manage just so long as no one tried to murder him over a mistake.

Approximately 2000 years ago, they say, God was one of us...he worked as a carpenter and rode a donkey.

Once I made the mistake of retelling a story about something that occurred during my early childhood years that ended with the words "Fuck you, God" really loudly in a Dairy Queen because the place was really busy and noisy but everything was pretty quiet when I said that and then the friends I was with decided we should leave before we were asked to leave. I didn't actually say "Fuck you, God" when I was 5 or whatever, that was just added for shock value.

There are lots of movies / stories about this - but for me they never work.  How could God move among all this suffering that he could end just by wishing it to end?  

Wouldn't it be like a wealthy tourist visiting some destitute 3rd world country - interacting with the "locals" but knowing that they are safe from the starvation and disease, and can leave any time they want. Maybe make themselves feel good by giving a little money to starving mother and her child.  Worse even because God is completely immune to any of those risks. 

How could God walk among the suffering, fear, misery and disease and just help a random person here or there. 

God is supposedly infallible, but he made man to be in his image, now if he was infallible, then he would have created humans that did not eat from the naughty tree or requite the murder of every living creature cos he fucked up.. So either god is perfect, and infallible, and he meant for man to create "Evil", and he wants to punish us, or he isn't, and has no control over what he creates, in which case why do we fucking care. You can't have it both ways, and just saying his ways are mysterious is a fucking heap of BULL SHIT...  

COOOORRRR Religion makes me SO FUCKING CROSS...

3 hours ago, G0D said:

God is supposedly infallible, but he made man to be in his image, now if he was infallible, then he would have created humans that did not eat from the naughty tree or requite the murder of every living creature cos he fucked up.. So either god is perfect, and infallible, and he meant for man to create "Evil", and he wants to punish us, or he isn't, and has no control over what he creates, in which case why do we fucking care. You can't have it both ways, and just saying his ways are mysterious is a fucking heap of BULL SHIT...  

COOOORRRR Religion makes me SO FUCKING CROSS...

This is why I prefer Greco-Roman religion and Viking. The Gods to them were just normal fuckups like everyone else who just happened to have cosmic powers.

1 hour ago, Gizamaluke said:

This is why I prefer Greco-Roman religion and Viking. The Gods to them were just normal fuckups like everyone else who just happened to have cosmic powers.

You know that shit is almost believable. I think though if there are actual gods, they are probaably just programmers. Much of physics seems to suggest a programmed universe. Who knows. I always think that if it was programmed, then they were pretty sporadic with the life. I would imagine more life.

I find it fascinating that just about every culture has "gods", and there are definitely more gods than non gods.and it does seem to be a belief we have had for a very very long time, it seems about as long as there has been writing at least.

16 minutes ago, G0D said:

You know that shit is almost believable. I think though if there are actual gods, they are probaably just programmers. Much of physics seems to suggest a programmed universe. Who knows. I always think that if it was programmed, then they were pretty sporadic with the life. I would imagine more life.

I find it fascinating that just about every culture has "gods", and there are definitely more gods than non gods.and it does seem to be a belief we have had for a very very long time, it seems about as long as there has been writing at least.

Oh no, there's evidence to suggest religion existed before writing, like in Scotland they've discovered a religious site over 5000 years old, and some sites 1000 years older than the pyramids, that suggest some form of worship. Not only that, but one large site on the Shetlands was demolished and built into a single building, for a massive feast, so big they used the bones of the cattle to line pathing around the building before burying them. Then the site was abandoned, they think because society and technology had changed so people no longer looked north, or possibly some new mysticism was more important down south. They think it was mostly based on weather and date predictions, much like Stonehenge, which again, this site predates.

2 hours ago, Gizamaluke said:

Oh no, there's evidence to suggest religion existed before writing, like in Scotland they've discovered a religious site over 5000 years old, and some sites 1000 years older than the pyramids, that suggest some form of worship. Not only that, but one large site on the Shetlands was demolished and built into a single building, for a massive feast, so big they used the bones of the cattle to line pathing around the building before burying them. Then the site was abandoned, they think because society and technology had changed so people no longer looked north, or possibly some new mysticism was more important down south. They think it was mostly based on weather and date predictions, much like Stonehenge, which again, this site predates.

I don't know what it is but now I am in my 40s the idea that written language is only 5000 years old is something that shocks me, and that we are talking on computers, and so many machines, that no one person knows how to build, the whole thing is surreal and beautiful. 

2 minutes ago, G0D said:

I don't know what it is but now I am in my 40s the idea that written language is only 5000 years old is something that shocks me, and that we are talking on computers, and so many machines, that no one person knows how to build, the whole thing is surreal and beautiful. 

Well the Egyptians were writing 5000 years ago, but 6000 who knows? There's evidence of some major African civilisations older than that but so little of them remains it really is just guess work.

Technically, God was one of us, as his incarnation as Jesus, existing in three planes of existence at all times: The Father, The Son, and the Holy Spirit/Ghost.

What's the point in discussing this again?

Anthracite_Impreza
4 minutes ago, The Dryad said:

Technically, God was one of us, as his incarnation as Jesus, existing in three planes of existence at all times: The Father, The Son, and the Holy Spirit/Ghost.

What's the point in discussing this again?

Cos... not everyone believes that? Also god =/= Christian god.

Anthracite_Impreza
3 hours ago, G0D said:

I thought cuniform (or how ever you spell it) was the oldest known writing.

I believe it was, but given how close Egypt is to Mesopotamia it wouldn't have taken long for the idea to spread and alter.

creating god(s) was a near necessary step for humans in creating society, just like creating language. we were the first to incorporate understanding how the world works into how we survive, and how the world works is a nearly endless question.

why do we die? if you survive through might or endurance or cunning you don't need to know that answer, but if you survive through wisdom it becomes very important.

now we die for a lot of reasons but many of them are not readily understandable. so we made god(s) to explain to each other why these things happen, and try to circumvent them.

which is not to say we made all gods and so no god(s) are real. I hope we can get to a point were we can become more comfortable with what we do not know.

Archived