what if god was one of us?

4 hours ago, gisiebob said:

creating god(s) was a near necessary step for humans in creating society, just like creating language. we were the first to incorporate understanding how the world works into how we survive, and how the world works is a nearly endless question.

why do we die? if you survive through might or endurance or cunning you don't need to know that answer, but if you survive through wisdom it becomes very important..

Considering how all the sins in the Bible tend to correlate with the worst diseases of the time, I think it's fair to see that some very smart people found a way to use God's teaching to protect life, and cultivate large populations. Pig meat is difficult to prepare and causes illness, so become unclean animals and a sin to eat. All violent acts are sins. People with illnesses have been cursed by God and must be avoided, or in other words, early quarintine.

Then later on when new methods and technology appear, the New Testament updates the clean animal list, encourages curing  and kindness towards the ill, and probably other stuff I've not thought about.

17 hours ago, G0D said:

I thought cuniform (or how ever you spell it) was the oldest known writing.

It may depend on exactly what is considered "written language" There may be older pictograms that my not meet the definition. 

I think Egyptian and Sumerian are similar age, but not sure. 

Janus the Fox

I am by name, often for a quite a different meaning :P

One could say that god/s are a human construct, and can only exist as humanity desires and/or imagines it. So in one way, god is one of us as long as we project it's existence.

Guest Jetsun Milarepa

I'm not a god believer, but surely that's a bit oxymoronic? If god is god 'he' can never truly be one of us as we are his creations? Just the musings of a lifelong atheist.

god is nothing but a backwards dog 😋 😋 

What would you ask if you had just one question?

God - it's not as if I believe in her; but that's a question I've been pondering.

On 12/5/2018 at 11:07 AM, kiaroskuro said:

What would you ask if you had just one question?

God - it's not as if I believe in her; but that's a question I've been pondering.

What do you (god) want. 

God should know what I mean:  Why did he give people free will, then punish them for not doing what he wanted.  Why does he want our worship - and if he does why not show himself if his full glory, rather than leave people to guess.  Really - why leave that apple in Eden - he *knew* what would happen. Why torment two young innocents?      What does he want that I should follow him rather than the Enemy. 

You caught me, it's totally me. And for giggles I made you all gods too, because I had a lot of time on my hands, and wanted to see what you'd do.

And Nietzsche was right. >:D

On 12/8/2018 at 10:42 AM, Jade Cross said:

For shits and giggles

That does seem the the explanation that best fits the claimed behavior. 

Archived