a mini vent

lonelyace

So I just checked out the "for sexual partners, friends, etc" section, because why not, its the one corner of AVEN that I hadn't yet explored. Boy oh boy was it a bad idea. It was filled with sexuals lamenting the fact that their partner is unable to provide for a basic emotional and physical need, and really unable to even understand that need. I was already struggling with the oh so common asexual fear of inevitable loneliness, but this really reinforced to me that even if I did find a partner willing to put up with my asexuality, it would be unfair to them. 

Don't forget that the people who come here for help are those that are really desperate. Sexuals who are happy with less sexual partners don't have anything to discuss and, therefore, do not reach out to AVEN.

However it's true that a mixed relationship is quite difficult for either partner. I'd say: look for asexual partners if you can.

Anthracite_Impreza

This is why aces should try to date only other aces; it generally ends in tears otherwise. Of course, this is why (accurate) visibility and education are important.

• 3 weeks later...

These probably aren't the only ones, but these threads are good to know about:

Archived