Have you ever had a dream about coming out?

i3utterflyeffect

Have you ever had a dream about coming out?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever dreamed about coming out?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Was it a nightmare?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

i3utterflyeffect

I recently had a bad dream about coming out as ace to a friend. Have you ever dreams like that?

FerlynnGoldbeard

I've not had a dream about coming out, though I have had people know about and make reference to my sexuality in dreams before. 

I once had nightmare about an acquaintance accidentally outing me as trans to my parents. I don't think 'dream parents' reacted badly in any way, it was only bad because I wasn't ready to tell them and they had a lot of questions that I had no time to prepare myself for.

Quite recently I had a dream where I told my dad that I'm attracted to women. He seemed surprised in the dream but didn't react badly in any way and seemed accepting too. After we were done with the discussion I felt relieved in the dream since I had finally done it. When I woke up I felt a bit disappointed that the situation actually wasn't real but at the same time I feel like I wouldn't be ready to come out just yet either. :unsure: It's a bit tricky.

OmegaTheMetamorphicDreamer

I did recently had a dream of coming out to my mom, but It wasn't a nightmare. Actually other than feeling both anxious and relieved about finally being out in the open, nothing interesting happened in the dream after coming out.

Not had such a dream, hence haven't had a nightmare about it 

• 3 weeks later...

Coming out has never been the main focus in any of my dreams as far as I remember, but I once had a dreams where I have already come out prior to the dream itself. (It wasn't a nightmare)

• 2 weeks later...
Fantastic Name

No, but I've had plenty of dreams about me turning guys down because I'm ace.

• 8 months later...

This thread is pretty much dead but you know what, I don't care, I have a funny story.

I once dreamt that I came out to my mom as asexual, which she responded to with the average "asexuality is fake" speech. I woke up upset, and thought, well, I should actually go come out to my mom. This time she told me that she believed that I really did feel asexual, but that I could be fixed with therapy. Then I woke up again. It took me a moment to figure out what was going on. I had just had an inception style dream within a dream, and I'd finally woken up for real, and my mom already knew that I was asexual. I woke up upset and crying, so while I generally think of nightmares as scary, I picked the nightmare option on the poll. Thankfully in real life, while my mom may not be fully supportive, she doesn't think I'm faking it and she doesn't try to send me to therapy for it.

• 2 months later...

@i3utterflyeffect

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived