Aromantic songs

ConfusedAroGirl

ConfusedAroGirl

Okay so I was listening to the radio and I heard this song "all my friends are falling in love" by The Vaccines, and that REALLY sounds like an aro song... So I was thinking, can't we make a thread with songs about aromanticism? I mean we aro's need some songs to relate to too...

Here's the one I was talking about:

ConfusedAroGirl

There's also this album called Aromanticism. I haven'y listened to t yet, but the title says enough...

I don't have many, but here's a few!

FRIENDS by Marshmello and Anne-Marie.

Dance Floor Anthem (I Don't Wanna Be In Love) by Good Charlotte.

Come To Me by The Goo Goo Dolls. ---- (This one sounds completely platonic all the way through up until two lines in the final verse where a marriage is mentioned 😕 Honestly it frustrated me the first time I heard it but the song is genuinely so good and 99% of it can be perceived as aro up until those two lines so I hang onto it.)

Rock 'n' Roll Best Friends by TWRP.

Friends Are Family by Oh, Hush!

• 1 month later...

Another one I found thanks to a tumblr post:

Love it!

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, James121 said:

Is he related to David?

Hahaha that would be awesome, but I don't think so. I think he only learned the word 'aromantic' existed after he released this song and millions of people commented things like "Omg, this is my new aromantic anthem" etc. 

Of course I could be wrong, I don't know him and I don't think he's famous enough to have paparazzi dig up his entire family tree, so really, who knows?

• 1 month later...

Wake Me Up by AVICII really helps me. 

They tell me I'm too young to understand
They say I'm caught up in a dream
Well life will pass me by if I don't open up my eyes
Well that's fine by me

This part of the song applies to me because I've heard many people say "You just haven't found the right person yet" and "You'll die alone if you don't find a lover". This always makes me laugh though because that's like telling someone that they just haven't met the right animal to f**k. And if I die alone without a partner, then wouldn't that mean you won't be there to die with me? Doesn't that mean that you abandoned me? I'd die alone because you were never there for me.

____________For any Transgenders or Non-Binaries__________________

Any FtM (female to male) trans people who have transphobic family, I recommend The Village by Wrabel

Any FtM who is older, or looking forward to their future, listen to You're A Man Now Boy by Raleigh Ritchie

Any MtF (male to female) who are taking hormones, I recommend Mr. Lady by The Lunachicks

Any MtF who are not taking hormones, I've been recommended by many MtFs that True Colors by Cyndi Lauper is good.

I can't find any he/him depression because it's not normalized as much as she/her depression.

Also, I used https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/pride/7966104/25-songs-about-gender-identity and https://the-guyed-guy.tumblr.com/post/165037189707/top-10-best-songs-for-trans-guys

On 3/4/2019 at 5:45 AM, Levyanno said:

Wake Me Up by AVICII really helps me. 

They tell me I'm too young to understand
They say I'm caught up in a dream
Well life will pass me by if I don't open up my eyes
Well that's fine by me

This part of the song applies to me because I've heard many people say "You just haven't found the right person yet" and "You'll die alone if you don't find a lover". This always makes me laugh though because that's like telling someone that they just haven't met the right animal to f**k. And if I die alone without a partner, then wouldn't that mean you won't be there to die with me? Doesn't that mean that you abandoned me? I'd die alone because you were never there for me.

Great song. 

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
DoubleATripleA

I recently remembered that 'Anytime You Need A Friend' by Mariah Carey is a perfect song for Aros, I love Mariah so much (no romo). This was from 1993/1994. 

On 9/25/2019 at 1:13 AM, DoubleATripleA said:

Just found this song called 'Aromantic Moodboard', it's mint 

This is awesome 😎 Thanks for the rec!

• 2 weeks later...

This is not an English song but the lyrics are aromantic. It's basically talks about never wanting to have a husband/boyfriend and that she is content with her family and friends. 

• 6 months later...
Just-Here-For-The-Food

Here are some of meh favorites that aren't on here already:

Romance is Boring -Los Campesinos! 

Aromantic -Mike Fonzarelli Roberts

Killer -The Ready Set (I feel like like this is a aromantic song but it's not like meant to be idkkk)

I'm Good -The Mowgli's 

Polaroid -Imagine Dragons

Does a sad song about losing a friend count?

Spoiler

ra1ndrops

Don't Fall In Love by Danko Jones is a really good aro song! I don't actually know if it's explicitly about being aro, but it really sounds like it.

Here's an old country song with Aro Vibes:

Skipper Valvoline

This song perfectly describes why I ended my last relationship and is all-around super aro:

MakeupJunkie4

Thunder - Imagine Dragons

Alone - Armin Van Buren (focuses on community instead of romance)

The Middle - Jimmy Eat World

Counting Stars - OneRepublic

Paradise - Coldplay

• 1 month later...

Family by Mother Mother has got to be top of my list. Good song about found family and loving your friends ^_^ 

MonsterTurtle

My favorite is a kop song by Baek A Yeon:

I'm fond of Best Friend Love, though it wasn't professionally done.

Archived