Raising children. How much would you raise?

R_1

Census to raising children  

101 members have voted

1. 1. How much children you would like to raise? (Method does not matter - adoption, insemination, IVF)

• N > 10 (Please specify)

This poll is closed to new votes

This is a poll which asks how much children you would like to have?  The methods don't matter.  Adoption,  insemination,  IVF,  etc.

0 probably

IF something bizarre happens then that would be determined by the circumstances because it would be via adoption. Example: If a relative/friend died then yes, I would raise them.

My opinion would also vary by IF I find someone to love and their opinion. But I probably won't find anyone so probably ignore-able.

I think 3-4 would be good for me but I'm okay with more or less depending on what my partner wants. I grew up in a family of three kids but I have a really big extended family and I have a lot of cousins so family has always just been something important. My mom also always engrained in us as kids that no matter what your siblings will always be your best friends and honestly no matter how much my siblings may bother me sometimes I still consider them my friends.

Also I know this may be a weird reason but I'm also an anthropology major and humam relationships have always been something interesting to me.

Non-ace. Three

None, at the very most. I don't like tiny humans.

SithAzathoth WinterDragon

0, I do NOT want any at all, I do not like children 1 bit. I don't want to waste 22k a year on what society expects me to have to "fit in", I also do not have the instinct,  or patience to be a parent. 

None.

Sure I'm good at babysitting but not all the time!

I can barely take care of myself, I'm not meant to be a parent. I've also just never wanted children, never pictured a future where I have them. It's not that I hate them or anything, they're just not for me the same way a boyfriend or spouse isn't for me.

A maximum of zero.  However, if I ever wanted kids with someone, I would adopt.  Because well... why do you think I'm on this forum lmao

SithAzathoth WinterDragon
9 hours ago, Jade Cross said:

I think its a bit over 25k depending on where you live. Funnily enough, I got laughed at once when I was asked why I didnt want children and amongts the reasons was the insane amount of money, until I told them"add up what you spend on your kid on a weekly basis". They stopped laughing 

I agree, it would depend where you're located. I just do not want to be responsible for someone else. I want to take care of myself alone, having a small human with me would not be fun for me. People do not realize they spend thousands on their children a year or month. Within a week they spend at least 200 hundred depending on how many they have. I've been told some dark stuff for saying I never want children.

RoseGoesToYale

-2. Remember that I killed a cactus once.

When I was little I thought maybe 1 or 2, but even when I was little I always thought "Yeah if I ever have kids I'm adopting there's no way i'm having sex" and I still think that to this day

Now my plan for when I'm older is to just live on my own with 0 kids, no partner, just me and my own little house full of cake, I very rarely get lonely, and I'll probably have animals to keep me company.

Plus I'm terrible with children - children scream/cry a lot, are messy, etc. Not for me.

Anthracite_Impreza

Eww no.

Nil - I'm allergic to babies and kidlets 

8 hours ago, Skycaptain said:

Nil - I'm allergic to babies and kidlets 

In A crossword I was doing, the clue was baby sling. My thought was a catapult for babies.

A sign I am not parent material.

@iff, now there's a good idea 😋 😋 

I have three. 

But I should add that before they were born, I wasn't particularly maternal nor did I desire kids in the same way my friends did. I had the attitude 'If I have kids, fine, if I don't, fine." I was indifferent. 

Things turned out ok, but probably because they had a great father picking up the slack. 

Never!

2, and it would have to be by adoption. But that is unrealistic seeing as I will only make enough to support myself after college. I'll probably just end up with 2 dogs instead. 

I want two.

I am currently trying to conceive as a solo mother by choice, going through a clinic with a sperm donor (not an anonymous donor, but I won't learn their identity until my future baby is 18 years). 

I am going for my next round of treatment in January. 

I have always wanted to be a mother my entire life, and when I realised I wasn't ever going to be in a relationship or have sex it devastated me that I would never have kids. I am so glad to be going down the solo mum by choice route. 

I don't actively dislike kids or anything...I just can't picture me raising one. I value my alone time so much and devote most of my free time to my hobbies if I'm not with friends. And as a celibate ace with an ace partner, an accident seems pretty unlikely!

Sometimes I think it's selfish of me not to at least consider adoption at some point because I know I could give a child a good life. Nothing is truly stopping me...I'm physically and mentally very healthy, stable job and relationship, and I feel I could be good at parenting and giving a child some guidance.

I still can't picture me with a child...but if it ever happened, I would adopt one child and raise them with a lot of love. :)

Archived