Sign in to follow this  
R_1

Raising children. How much would you raise?

Census to raising children  

64 members have voted

1. 1. How much children you would like to raise? (Method does not matter - adoption, insemination, IVF)

• N > 10 (Please specify)

R_1

This is a poll which asks how much children you would like to have?  The methods don't matter.  Adoption,  insemination,  IVF,  etc.

Jade Cross

• Like 1

Aebt

0 probably

IF something bizarre happens then that would be determined by the circumstances because it would be via adoption. Example: If a relative/friend died then yes, I would raise them.

My opinion would also vary by IF I find someone to love and their opinion. But I probably won't find anyone so probably ignore-able.

Simplefun

I think 3-4 would be good for me but I'm okay with more or less depending on what my partner wants. I grew up in a family of three kids but I have a really big extended family and I have a lot of cousins so family has always just been something important. My mom also always engrained in us as kids that no matter what your siblings will always be your best friends and honestly no matter how much my siblings may bother me sometimes I still consider them my friends.

Also I know this may be a weird reason but I'm also an anthropology major and humam relationships have always been something interesting to me.

AwkwardSquid

• Like 1

member1246

Non-ace here, and absolutely none.

• Like 1

iff

None

Graceful

Non-ace. Three

Homer

None, at the very most. I don't like tiny humans.

• Like 2

SithMaster WinterDragon

0, I do NOT want any at all, I do not like children 1 bit. I don't want to waste 22k a year on what society expects me to have to "fit in", I also do not have the instinct,  or patience to be a parent. 

• Like 3

ColeHW

None.

Sure I'm good at babysitting but not all the time!

Jade Cross
1 hour ago, SithMaster WinterDragon said:

0, I do NOT want any at all, I do not like children 1 bit. I don't want to waste 22k a year on what society expects me to have to "fit in", I also do not have the instinct,  or patience to be a parent. 

I think its a bit over 25k depending on where you live. Funnily enough, I got laughed at once when I was asked why I didnt want children and amongts the reasons was the insane amount of money, until I told them"add up what you spend on your kid on a weekly basis". They stopped laughing 

• Like 4

Salmiakki

I will never be qualified to take care of another human being haha, and I don't want to

• Like 2

Winter Spirit ❅

I can barely take care of myself, I'm not meant to be a parent. I've also just never wanted children, never pictured a future where I have them. It's not that I hate them or anything, they're just not for me the same way a boyfriend or spouse isn't for me.

vmdraco

A maximum of zero.  However, if I ever wanted kids with someone, I would adopt.  Because well... why do you think I'm on this forum lmao

• Like 1

SithMaster WinterDragon
9 hours ago, Jade Cross said:

I think its a bit over 25k depending on where you live. Funnily enough, I got laughed at once when I was asked why I didnt want children and amongts the reasons was the insane amount of money, until I told them"add up what you spend on your kid on a weekly basis". They stopped laughing 

I agree, it would depend where you're located. I just do not want to be responsible for someone else. I want to take care of myself alone, having a small human with me would not be fun for me. People do not realize they spend thousands on their children a year or month. Within a week they spend at least 200 hundred depending on how many they have. I've been told some dark stuff for saying I never want children.

Jade Cross
2 hours ago, SithMaster WinterDragon said:

I agree, it would depend where you're located. I just do not want to be responsible for someone else. I want to take care of myself alone, having a small human with me would not be fun for me. People do not realize they spend thousands on their children a year or month. Within a week they spend at least 200 hundred depending on how many they have. I've been told some dark stuff for saying I never want children.

Most people will follow suit and try to make you do the same. They also tend to avoid or twist things when you go at them with facts. 

RosyIcepick

-2. Remember that I killed a cactus once.

• Like 2

Lunala

When I was little I thought maybe 1 or 2, but even when I was little I always thought "Yeah if I ever have kids I'm adopting there's no way i'm having sex" and I still think that to this day

Now my plan for when I'm older is to just live on my own with 0 kids, no partner, just me and my own little house full of cake, I very rarely get lonely, and I'll probably have animals to keep me company.

Plus I'm terrible with children - children scream/cry a lot, are messy, etc. Not for me.

chandrakirti

Never set out ot have kids. Ended up with 1- she's the best thing I ever did! Oddly enough....

Anthracite_Impreza

Eww no.

Sleighcaptain

Nil - I'm allergic to babies and kidlets 

• Like 1

iff
8 hours ago, Skycaptain said:

Nil - I'm allergic to babies and kidlets 

In A crossword I was doing, the clue was baby sling. My thought was a catapult for babies.

A sign I am not parent material.

• Like 2

Sleighcaptain

@iff, now there's a good idea 😋 😋 

• Like 1

starweb

I have three. 

But I should add that before they were born, I wasn't particularly maternal nor did I desire kids in the same way my friends did. I had the attitude 'If I have kids, fine, if I don't, fine." I was indifferent. 

Things turned out ok, but probably because they had a great father picking up the slack. 

sh*t

octo-mom or bust

• Like 1

Ultima

Never!

Homer
15 hours ago, Skycaptain said:

@iff, now there's a good idea 😋 😋 

very rude joke ahead

kmarra

2, and it would have to be by adoption. But that is unrealistic seeing as I will only make enough to support myself after college. I'll probably just end up with 2 dogs instead. 

• Like 1

phoebebuffay

I want two.

I am currently trying to conceive as a solo mother by choice, going through a clinic with a sperm donor (not an anonymous donor, but I won't learn their identity until my future baby is 18 years). 

I am going for my next round of treatment in January. 

I have always wanted to be a mother my entire life, and when I realised I wasn't ever going to be in a relationship or have sex it devastated me that I would never have kids. I am so glad to be going down the solo mum by choice route.