What is this orientation?

No. 1 Akechi stan

No. 1 Akechi stan

So, I figured out I’m a just a female with a masculine way of thinking (I prefer rational and logical ideas over emotions and feelings, I hate sensitive people. I think with my brain, not heart) but I’m female. I’m 16 years old (17 in April) and I never fell in love but had two squishes (1st spanned twice: from November 2013 to March 2016 and early October to early November 2016. The other one was from Late January 2018 to Early November 2018). Yet, I despise it whenever someone values love and marriage above intellect. On the other hand, I fall in love with JRPG and manga characters, especially serious, wise, smart and mature ones. I don’t mind if the character is male or female. I am in love with characters like Goro Akechi (Persona 5), A2 (Nier: Automata), Howard Link (D.Gray-Man), I guess you could say they’re my “type”.

I don’t see myself in a relationship for some time, unless I stumble upon a person (gender doesn’t matter) like them. I generally despise social butterflies, bubbly, energetic and sensitive people. People where I live are 0 introverts and all of those traits. I personally don’t like extroverts, feeleresque and cutesy characters as I value intelligence above anything else.

I myself am a hundred percent introverted and love sheltering myself from social life as people my age aren’t intelligent (those I know, I’m not speaking about those I never met). They smoke, drink, vape and club. I guess you could say I am really attracted to characters because of my situation. I have a very long list of favorite characters but these top the list.

Am I actually pansexual and am misidentifying? Like, I mean, I would have a relationship (sexual or romantic) with someone unless they’re not my type. At the moment, I don’t think I need it. Perhaps why I identify this way. Maybe ask questions?

@No. 1 Akechi stan A belated welcome to AVEN!

If you don't feel the need for either sex or a romantic relationship with a specific real person, then you don't experience Sexual or Romantic Attraction and are Asexual and Aromantic.
If you're okay with sex or a romantic relationship despite not desiring either, then you're Sex-neutral and Romance-neutral.
And if you experience those attractions towards fictional characters, then you're also Fictosexual and Fictoromantic.

Incidentally, it is a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake, even if late,

ZWughhv.jpg

Anthracite_Impreza
14 minutes ago, No. 1 Akechi stan said:

So, I figured out I’m a just a female with a masculine way of thinking (I prefer rational and logical ideas over emotions and feelings, I hate sensitive people. I think with my brain, not heart) but I’m female.

You are aware this is a stereotype, right?

No. 1 Akechi stan
27 minutes ago, MichaelTannock said:

@No. 1 Akechi stan A belated welcome to AVEN!

If you don't feel the need for either sex or a romantic relationship with a specific real person, then you don't experience Sexual or Romantic Attraction and are Asexual and Aromantic.
If you're okay with sex or a romantic relationship despite not desiring either, then you're Sex-neutral and Romance-neutral.
And if you experience those attractions towards fictional characters, then you're also Fictosexual and Fictoromantic.

Incidentally, it is a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake, even if late,

ZWughhv.jpg

Between those, I mostly identify with fictoromantic and fictosexual. I would never want a relationship with a real person as I am not a fan of this. I remove what I said about ratings person like those characters. I was on the treadmill and not 100% focused lol but now I am.

27 minutes ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

Indeed I am, yet it doesn't apply to me. I hate dealing with feelings and emotions so much.

21 minutes ago, Salmiakki said:

Girl it's November now lol, saying that doesn't make you sound older

Lol I know, I just randomly put it as I wasn't fully focused while writing this.

no-longer-in-use

My guess about your orientation:

1 hour ago, No. 1 Akechi stan said:

I fall in love with JRPG and manga characters [...] I don’t mind if the character is male or female.

23 minutes ago, No. 1 Akechi stan said:

I would never want a relationship with a real person as I am not a fan of this.

That would make you pan-fictoromantic/fictosexual.

especially serious, wise, smart and mature ones.

Having a "type" doesn't affect your orientation.

Me getting annoyed at you for being rude or incorrect about something:

59 minutes ago, No. 1 Akechi stan said:

So, I figured out I’m a just a female with a masculine way of thinking (I prefer rational and logical ideas over emotions and feelings, I hate sensitive people.

Um, that's a logical way of thinking, not a masculine one. Using the Meyers-Briggs Type Indicator as an example, you'd be a T instead of an F. That doesn't make you masculine. Also, saying "I hate sensitive people" is kind of rude. Sensitive people exist and we generally don't hate more logical or thick-skinned people. Just because you're not like us doesn't mean you have to hate us. :(

Yet, I despise it whenever someone values love and marriage above intellect.

It's fine if you value intellect above love or marriage, but there's no need to despise others for having different priorities.

I personally don’t like extroverts, feeleresque and cutesy characters as I value intelligence above anything else.

You just implied that extraverts and sensitive people are stupid, which is not true and, again, rude. (This is coming from an ambivert-leaning-introvert.)

I myself am a hundred percent introverted and love sheltering myself from social life as people my age aren’t intelligent (those I know, I’m not speaking about those I never met). They smoke, drink, vape and club. I guess you could say I am really attracted to characters because of my situation.

You realize you sound exactly like one of those "I'm not like the other girls" posts, right?

No. 1 Akechi stan

I identify with that after reading a bit about it.

Well that’s the annoying stereotype I hear every day in my life. It’s my opinion, leave it or take it. I simply avoid them due to them forcing empathy and sympathy one me.

I didn’t say I despise people that think this way but this way of thinking.

I don’t like them, they literally drain me. Again, that’s my opinion. You can take it or leave it. No one can change my mind.

I mean, I would rather stand out than blend in, hence I don’t mind you saying that.

@Coddiwomple

no-longer-in-use
15 minutes ago, No. 1 Akechi stan said:

I identify with that after reading a bit about it.

Cool! I'm glad you found some labels you like.

Well that’s the annoying stereotype I hear every day in my life. It’s my opinion, leave it or take it. I simply avoid them due to them forcing empathy and sympathy one me.

It's okay to have your own opinions, but opinions aren't an excuse to shame people for their natural tendencies. And I think you could do with a bit of empathy and sympathy. You don't have to be an extravert to be a nice person. (I hope that doesn't sound rude, it wasn't my intention.)

I didn’t say I despise people that think this way but this way of thinking.

Why though? What do you get out of despising the way other people think? I would understand if it was a disturbing mindset that you despised, but valuing love or marriage over intellect seems perfectly reasonable to me. It might be more productive to live your life the way you want to, and not despise others for doing the same when they're not hurting anyone.

I don’t like them, they literally drain me. Again, that’s my opinion. You can take it or leave it. No one can change my mind.

All right, if that's how you feel, then I won't bother trying. All I am trying to get across to you is that just because you don't have the same personality as the majority of the population and don't like being around them, doesn't mean you can't be a decent human being and respect them along with their differences in personality from you.

I mean, I would rather stand out than blend in, hence I don’t mind you saying that.

Okay, whatever floats your boat.

Actually when I was 15-16 I used to be very arrogant and self-centered and I thought that I was much more intelligent than others and saw sensitivity, empathy and sympathy as weaknesses and bad qualities. I grew out of it. Also I don't understand what sensitivity has to do with being an extrovert 

25 minutes ago, Salmiakki said:

I don't understand what sensitivity has to do with being an extrovert

Many, if not most, highly sensitive people are actually introverts, but there are alse some who are extraverts.

Just now, Jona Rhys said:

Many, if not most, highly sensitive people are actually introverts, but there are alse some who are extraverts.

That's what I thought 

Anthracite_Impreza

Also, hate is an emotion, so OP can't be against all emotions... The opposite of love is indifference.

1 hour ago, Jona Rhys said:

I either get labeled a loud introvert or a sensitive extrovert. 

I'd say you're too young and inexperienced to know your orientation, so go with straight/questioning?

No. 1 Akechi stan
On 11/23/2018 at 2:14 PM, Wineblood said:

I'd say you're too young and inexperienced to know your orientation, so go with straight/questioning?

Nahhhh I don’t see myself as straight, I’m pan-fictoromantic fictosexual. Real people aren’t my type tbh

On 11/27/2018 at 6:44 PM, No. 1 Akechi stan said:

Nahhhh I don’t see myself as straight, I’m pan-fictoromantic fictosexual. Real people aren’t my type tbh

I meant it more for convenience when talking to people rather than considering yourself straight. Questioning tends to be enough to stop people assuming things without them asking questions, I wouldn't even use the term asexual in most conversations.

On 11/22/2018 at 8:43 AM, Anthracite_Impreza said:

Well, I mean, they're 16 and think logic over feelings is somehow masculine.

No. 1 Akechi stan
13 hours ago, Kayze said:

Well, I mean, they're 16 and think logic over feelings is somehow masculine.

I don’t identify with society’s stereotypes. I think with my brain and I would rather befriend a logical/intellectual than sensitive.

no-longer-in-use
5 hours ago, No. 1 Akechi stan said:

I think with my brain and I would rather befriend a logical/intellectual than sensitive.

Well fear not, no sensitive person will ever want to befriend you when you have that attitude.

I'm sensitive and uh, "intelligent", and after a couple of decades I can report that the people that think they're smarter because they aren't emotional? Are ummm (a) still emotional (b) not that smart. It'd be cute if it weren't so irritating to deal with.

It seems that denying one experiences emotion gives someone an emotional sense of being smart. You might want to grow out of that, I think you'd be a shade more intelligent for it. 😉

7 hours ago, No. 1 Akechi stan said:

I don’t identify with society’s stereotypes. I think with my brain and I would rather befriend a logical/intellectual than sensitive.

The point is, no one fits with society's stereotypes and ironically, it's stereotypical for a teenager not only to feel they're a rebel from society's norms but also more intelligent than others. You know, being rebellious is a big pillar of the gothic scene and that whole "my parents are dumb and don't understand us!" is usually teenagers thinking they know better than others.

Real talk, stereotypes derive from a collection of common characteristics for a given societal group. It's a common denominator thing, not a full blown persona, and is rarely accurate outside of extremes.

17 minutes ago, anisotropic said:

I'm sensitive and uh, "intelligent", and after a couple of decades I can report that the people that think they're smarter because they aren't emotional? Are ummm (a) still emotional (b) not that smart. It'd be cute if it weren't so irritating to deal with.

It seems that denying one experiences emotion gives someone an emotional sense of being smart. You might want to grow out of that, I think you'd be a shade more intelligent for it. 😉

Wait, you can be both!? What are you!? Human!?!

Those who think being less sensitive is somehow more enlightened is similar to certain asexuals that think allosexuals are primitive. It's ridiculous and ironic.

If you are sexually attracted to someone's mind or personality, you are sapiosexual. But this means you value someone's mind more than anything, and could be considered pansexual.

If you are exclusively attracted to fictional people, it's fictiophilia. If you don't grow out of it, and prefer it over real people, then it's a fetish or paraphilia. It's not a sexual orientation, because that would be normalizing fetishes/paraphilias as orientations, and trivializing real orientations. I've got fictiophilia myself and consider myself asexual. If you only like fictional guys, for example, you might be a heterosexual with exclusive fictiophilia, but the heterosexual part might not even matter since no attraction to real people. If you want to call it fictiosexual/fictioromantic, you can do that too. The labels you pick are up to you.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived