Am I asexual ? or what am i

Cookiemeow

Hello about me I'm 19 years old .

I always thought and still think sex is disgusting   , and seeing naked people also disgusts me . 

I don't even know why it's just that way and i absolutely don't feel like ever trying :/ 

But i do feel attracted to men , but just like thinking someone looks cool or i can fall in love with someome. 

but now comes the weird thing 

i do get arousal sometimes but i just ignore it

i would really appreciate any help , answers and opinions ! 

That Demi Mammoth

First of all, hey and welcome to AVEN! Enjoy the cake 🎂:cake:🍰

19 minutes ago, Cookiemeow said:

I always thought and still think sex is disgusting   , and seeing naked people also disgusts me .

That sounds like you could be a sex-repulsed asexual, to me.

20 minutes ago, Cookiemeow said:

But i do feel attracted to men , but just like thinking someone looks cool or i can fall in love with someome.

This could be platonic and romantic attraction, the desires to be friends and romantic with people.

21 minutes ago, Cookiemeow said:

but now comes the weird thing 

i do have a sex drive sometimes 

and have weird sexual dreams where i get horny in , but i don't dream of sex stuff i just get horny.

Many aces also do have a sex drive, that isn't part of being asexual. As long as you don't feel sexual attraction, you're asexual, whether you have sex drive or not.

• Like 1

Yeah, it sounds like you are asexual. Many asexuals are romantically attracted to people, and many have a sex drive. As long as your sex drive doesn't lead you to want sex with a specific person in real life, you are asexual.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TheAP said:

As long as your sex drive doesn't lead you to want sex with a specific person in real life, you are asexual.

that's a really great way of putting it. I've not heard such a succinct definition before. most other people try to add this and that and special scenarios. I've found your definition very helpful, many thanks

• Like 1

@Cookiemeow Welcome to AVEN!

Based on your description, I'd say you're a sex-repulsed and nudity-repulsed Heteroromantic Asexual.
An Asexual can find others attractive because there are other types of attraction besides Sexual Attraction.
And an Asexual can have a libido since arousal can occur despite a lack of Sexual Attraction.

You might find this post helpful if you haven't read it already,

Incidentally, it is a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake, and I usually post a giant chocolate cake, but this time I thought, cat cookies,

cats2.jpg

• Like 1
Fluffy Femme Guy
5 hours ago, Cookiemeow said:

There's different kinds of attraction:
sketchcomic___types_of_attraction_by_sec
The two things you describe seem to fall into the 'aesthetic' and 'romantic' categories.

• Like 1

thank you all so so much ! 

this really helped me a lot , and it feels great to actually have people who can understand 

because in real life a lot of people don't take this serious , that made it hard for me to figure things out

• Like 2