Transgender Day of Remembrance

hopeisnotlost

hopeisnotlost

Today is transgender day of remembrance.On this day we remember those who have lost there lives to anti-trans violence. And as such I am going to post this list of names:https://tdor.info/

One too many dead just because of something that they have no control of.

hopeisnotlost
Just now, Duke Memphis said:

One too many dead just because of something that they have no control of.

It is very sad.The day before yesterday I lit a candle in remembrance and I currently have my picture changed to honor those who have died.I wish there was something I could do to change how the minds of those who spread hate and harm others for things they cannot control but alas I don't think there is much I can do but bring awareness and I don't always know how to do that.Also I think there are some minds that can never be change and will be violent no matter what

hopeisnotlost

I wish I knew their stories as to who they are as people instead of having only to know of them after they were died,I wish these people were seen as people and not another statistic,I feel for there families who mourn them and I hope nothing happens to me because I am trans and if something does I hope people remember me for being me and not just another statistic just another number.

One day we will make them realize that something is terribly wrong and if the police and goverments won't do anything,

Then we and the allies will.

hopeisnotlost
1 minute ago, Duke Memphis said:

One day we will make them realize that something is terribly wrong and no one is a statistic and if the goverments don't do anything,

We will.

I hope so.

I read through every name. I thought it was the least I could do. Just how African American violence is FINALLY coming into the light even though it's been going on for years, I hope violence towards transgender people does the same.

I'm not trans myself but I hate part of myself, part of my body, and apparently I have some similar symptoms of dysphoria but not enough to diagnosis it and I know what I deal with is not even close to people with full on dysphoria, but I can relate to some of the pain. I don't know why but for some reason I have so much love and compassion for trans people mainly youth. Is it because I can relate a little? I don't know why I feel for them so much, I just do. It's the same for most minorities but especially LGBT. Even if I disagree with some stuff I want nothing less than others to respect and love them for who they are regardless of what they believe.

I just hope and pray that this suffering will come to light and be resolved soon.

Each candle is lit, they're in the dark, the light isn't enough, no one can see how alone they are, people walk by, ignoring pleas for help, but the light is to faint, it isn't enough, some know the candles are there, they do their best to alert others, but the light is to faint, nobody believes them, what must be done?

Prayer that it will happen, education so the world knows how to help, and awareness, so they can be brought in to the light instead of sitting in the dark

I didn't know this day off remembrance existed a week ago, nor did I have a trans friend but I'm glad I do, I'm glad I can contribute, what little i can

Sorry for the language but this is so fucking sad.☹️ That in this day and age it is still hapening.

Ruru+Saphhy=Garnet
3 minutes ago, Kimmie. said:

Sorry for the language but this is so fucking sad.☹️ That in this day and age it is still hapening.

It is sad. :(

It makes me sick that things like this are happening. 

hopeisnotlost
1 hour ago, Lonely Leafeon said:

Each candle is lit, they're in the dark, the light isn't enough, no one can see how alone they are, people walk by, ignoring pleas for help, but the light is to faint, it isn't enough, some know the candles are there, they do their best to alert others, but the light is to faint, nobody believes them, what must be done?

Is that a poem you wrote?it is beautiful.

1 hour ago, Kimmie. said:

1 hour ago, Vårin said:

Feels unreal

1 hour ago, Ruru+Saphhy=Garnet said:

It is sad. :(

It makes me sick that things like this are happening. 

It is very sad which is why we need awareness that things like this is happening

4 minutes ago, hopeisnotlost said:

Is that a poem you wrote?it is beautiful.

Yes just this morning.

Thanks, it's not that good though

hopeisnotlost
2 minutes ago, Lonely Leafeon said:

Yes just this morning.

Thanks, it's not that good though

it is really good

3 minutes ago, hopeisnotlost said:

it is really good

Why do you think so? 🤔

hopeisnotlost
4 minutes ago, Lonely Leafeon said:

Why do you think so? 🤔

poetry is meant to make you feel the emotions the person is writing into it and your poem makes me feel something.

28 minutes ago, hopeisnotlost said:

poetry is meant to make you feel the emotions the person is writing into it and your poem makes me feel something.

I'm glad. I felt sadness while writing it and loneliness as well. Two emotions that I can relate to very well.

Also don't say that someone would kill you! I don't want you to die 😟

hopeisnotlost

I'm glad. I felt sadness while writing it and loneliness as well. Two emotions that I can relate to very well.

Also don't say that someone would kill you! I don't want you to die 😟

The reality is that because I am trans I could be killed.The likelihood isn't as strong as some people's but it is still possible

Hurts my heart to see how long this list is. I really can only hope that I or anyone reading this never ends up on it. As bad as it is, remember that there was a time when no list like this existed. A time when people like us felt scared and completely alone in the world (and of course many still do). Its still gonna be shitty for a long time, but its getting better thanks to communities like this one and organizations like GLAAD. 

hopeisnotlost
Just now, Catmangoes said:

Hurts my heart to see how long this list is. I really can only hope that I or anyone reading this never ends up on it. As bad as it is, remember that there was a time when no list like this existed. A time when people like us felt scared and completely alone in the world (and of course many still do). Its still gonna be shitty for a long time, but its getting better thanks to communities like this one and organizations like GLAAD. 

I agree.The world is getting better in acceptance but it still has a way to go.

14 minutes ago, hopeisnotlost said:

The reality is that because I am trans I could be killed.The likelihood isn't as strong as some people's but it is still possible

Now I'm gonna obsess over your safety! Thanks OCD 😒

hopeisnotlost
3 minutes ago, Lonely Leafeon said:

Now I'm gonna obsess over your safety! Thanks OCD 😒

I take good care of myself and I don't think it's likely based on where I live so you don't have to worry.

17 minutes ago, hopeisnotlost said:

I take good care of myself and I don't think it's likely based on where I live so you don't have to worry.

Ok. 

I mean anyone could be killed any day but it's still scary to think that you might be more vulnerable 😥

I'm curious do you say you're both trans and non-binary? Cause originally you just said to me you were non-binary.

I mean does you Foster mother know you identify as both? 

Anthracite_Impreza

I really can't understand this level of hatred towards people who simply want to get on with their lives. I don't, I can't. It's truly ridiculous.

hopeisnotlost

Ok. 

I mean anyone could be killed any day but it's still scary to think that you might be more vulnerable 😥

I'm curious do you say you're both trans and non-binary? Cause originally you just said to me you were non-binary.

I mean does you Foster mother know you identify as both? 

I am both because trans means you don't identify with the gender you were assign at birth (which I don't)And non-binary means you don't solely and fully identify with male  and don't  solely and fully identify as female.i identify as neither male nor female but as a separate gender and that's under the umbrella.Yes

hopeisnotlost
3 minutes ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

I really can't understand this level of hatred towards people who simply want to get on with their lives. I don't, I can't. It's truly ridiculous.

it is

I actually fantasize about being genderless sometimes. Partially because of self hatred of certain 'parts' of me and because I have come to hate gender to some degree. I swear before all my problems when I was a kid, I never thought about gender the way I think about it now. To be free of gender would be to go back to a state of child like innocence where I could just be me.

I'd love to look like Izana before she became female... Just smooth skin, no genitals, looks like neither gender. And cute in an aesthetic way! 

But yeah... siggghhh 😔

hopeisnotlost
4 minutes ago, Lonely Leafeon said:

I actually fantasize about being genderless sometimes. Partially because of self hatred of certain 'parts' of me and because I have come to hate gender to some degree. I swear before all my problems when I was a kid, I never thought about gender the way I think about it now. To be free of gender would be to go back to a state of child like innocence where I could just be me.

I'd love to look like Izana before she became female... Just smooth skin, no genitals, looks like neither gender. And cute in an aesthetic way! 

But yeah... siggghhh 😔

I fantasize about being male sometimes

All the little Lights

It's very sad indeed, I agree!

And I feel so privileged since I am trans and I don't need to fear anything like this. So I think about these people and hope they have a better place to live in heaven, or wherever they are now. I'm sure god, or whoever you believe in, respects gender identities.

And I want to fight for a better world.

I just don't think there's nothing we can do. E.g. making trans people feel confident might be really helpful-not on a big scale like this, but on a little every day basis, which might, I hope, decrease violence against trans people. 

nerdperson777

My friend Natalie was out with friends on November 2nd last year at night.  She then said that she was going for a walk.  During this time, she threw herself in front of a car.  She was texting another friend (let's call her S since she never changed her name) her suicidal thoughts right before this.  S called 911 for her, despite us living in another state.  She succumbed to her injuries in the ambulance on the way to the hospital.  I didn't know about this until a lot later.  S had messaged me that Natalie was badly hurt but I didn't check my phone for a few hours so I didn't see it.  She then called me at 3 in the morning on the 3rd to tell me that Natalie was gone.

She took it really hard and cried for at least a week.  I wanted to change her view on the whole situation.  A few months back, Natalie messaged me that she was worried about S because she hadn't heard from her in several days and asked me to go to her house to check on her.  I grabbed a friend A and we went to her house at night, not seeing any lights on.  When we were about to leave, a car comes back.  Her brother and mom get out of the car.  A did the talking and we found out that S was put in the local hospital for self-harm.  Her phone was taken from her to not allow for more harming thoughts.  She would be able to leave in a few days.  Her mom remarked that S had great friends since we cared enough to check in.  So I wanted to say that instead of spending her whole life mourning her, think of it as Natalie wanting her (S) to live for her.

Archived