Aro?(maybe, idk if we apply(read description)) Aces Vs. Mistletoe kiss, HELP?!

Dragon Of Cosmos

Dragon Of Cosmos

So me and my Boyfreind are both asexual and have been together for 8 months WITHOUT kissing, we both have been confused for siblings and just freinds countless of times due to the fact that in public and in private we dont do kissing or ace in romance towards one another, we mostly hug and talk, recently my mom asked me if I kissed him, I plainly stated the obvious, she mostly wondered because people tend to wonder these things past the 4 month relationship. So I have Freinds who love this culture of a mistletoe kiss and are kind of serious to the point where they expect the least you could do is give a peck on the lips when beneath it, and December is rolling in soon, I usually have this daydream where my Boyfreind and I are put underneath and are kind of trapped there till we committ, My freinds DO know I am Asexual, but not Aromantic, if we apply, we are ok with kissing but we arent really into it to explain it in detail, I need help, what do I do if my Boyfriend and I are put in this situation?! Any and all ideas will be put into consideration. thankyou! -Wolfylunapaws, AKA The Dragon of Cosmos.

If you don't want to kiss, don't kiss. You don't owe it to anyone to do something that you're not comfortable with

I personally like kissing, but if I had to publicly kiss my partner under some plant, I wouldn't enjoy it in the slightest 😝 

Some Mistletoe lore that might be useful...  When you kiss under the mistletoe, you need to remove one of the berries from the ball, and throw the berry away (IIRC, the berry absorbs all the bad karma from the kissers, and gives them good fortune for the future, or some such).  Also, if the mistletoe has no berries on it, it is bad luck to kiss under it, and the mistletoe should be removed for everyone's safety.

From my experience, lore dumps on traditions is a good way  to ruin the mood, and help escape these awkward situations.

your problem here is that this is a big deal. why is this something that is important to you? I find logically working through anxiety isn't exactly helpful, but it does at least help you navigate where you are.

in your imaginary narrative where you are caught in this trap of having to express love and everything is terrible, what if you had gotten ahold of one of those retracting stage knifes? under pressure of those familiar unfamiliar eyes you could declare "A kiss? ...How about the cold kiss of death!" and stab this person you care about with that fake knife. they of course would be prepared with a handful of ketchup packets taken from a McDonald's (do people still go to those? I don't) which they would hastily rip open, or at least try to. it would probably take half a minute, you know how sometimes they just don't want to tear right?

doesn't really matter. your part is done for the rest of this act and so you are free to get out from under the spotlight from which that dreaded mistletoe hangs and exit stage left.

Dragon Of Cosmos

that sounds like a great idea, thanks for that gisiebob, and thanks for the lore Zash, I really like looking into lore and legends, kinda because I am also a geek/nerd, but thanks, it makes me feel better about my situation.

Archived