my thoughts on kissing

lonelyace

I've only ever considered kissing other people twice, and I'm certain that it isn't the way other people experience this sort of thing. So if anyone who experiences sensual or even sexual attraction could help me figure out what's up with my brain, I would be very thankful.

The two times I've considered kissing, it was more like an intrusive thought than anything else. I mean, I would be just hanging out with a friend and out of nowhere, my brain was like, "hey you should kiss her."

I'm left thinking, wait what? So I'm gay now?

But my brain must hate me because no, forget it, I never have a thought like that about the person ever again.

I don't know if this is something that happens to other people or what it means, but I'd very much like input, thanks. Also, I feel that my thoughts here were a little bit disorganized, and I apologize. 

hopeisnotlost

that happens to me as well and I don't really understand it either.

I think that's pretty normal in general. Intrusive thoughts happen. Sometimes when I stand in a high place and look down my brain goes "you could jump right now," but that doesn't make me suicidal. In a similar vein, sometimes you just entertain the idea of kissing someone, regardless of sexuality. It's your brain testing out scenarios.

If you find yourself getting completely distracted by the idea of kissing someone, or desiring to do it beyond a quick "that'd be interesting," then you're probably experiencing attraction of some kind. But if you just get a fleeting thought like that, and never really consider it again, it's just your average intrusive thought and you don't need to pay it any mind.

I'm very weird about kissing. I don't think I would mind a slight peck on the lips, but whenever my family would kiss my nephews and niece on the lips when they were toddlers, I would get a bit grossed out and back away when the toddler looked at me expectantly. Now that they're older, I have kissed them on the forehead a few times (mostly to annoy them since they're "big boys now"). Shoving tongues down someone else's throat does not sound appealing to me in the slightest.

But I've also never thought about kissing someone I liked to hang out with... 🤷‍♂️ emotions and bodily reactions are weird

I've never really had the desire to kiss anyone. I've been kissed before but it was always initiated by my companion. It wasn't really unpleasant but it wasn't anything I could call addictive either. I guess I'm like a horse. Put a saddle on me if you must but don't ever expect me to put it on myself.

4 minutes ago, Grimalkin said:

I think that's pretty normal in general. Intrusive thoughts happen. Sometimes when I stand in a high place and look down my brain goes "you could jump right now," but that doesn't make me suicidal. In a similar vein, sometimes you just entertain the idea of kissing someone, regardless of sexuality. It's your brain testing out scenarios.

If you find yourself getting completely distracted by the idea of kissing someone, or desiring to do it beyond a quick "that'd be interesting," then you're probably experiencing attraction of some kind. But if you just get a fleeting thought like that, and never really consider it again, it's just your average intrusive thought and you don't need to pay it any mind.

This is such a good way to explain it and I've never thought of it like that before! I've only thought of intrusive thoughts as being "bad" things but something like a kiss could be totally an intrusive thought as well. Thanks for the insight.

Archived