Just say Hi

Mich

Hi all, I have dated some people before and even got married once. But never fall in love with someone... However, I enjoy intellectual conversations and always are attracted by people who started the relationship with a good conversation. I like cuddling too. I mean cuddling naked without sex. But you know sex would happen if you cuddle a man naked. So I started to live alone so no one would bother me. This has been puzzled me for a long time until I learned the Asexuality. I don’t know I am asexual or not but I hope I can find some friends who shares same interests in economics, politics, philosophy, technology and history subjects 

Sadly I'm not well-versed in any of the those topics but welcome! :cake:

@Mich Welcome to AVEN!

It sounds like you're Asexual and Aromantic.
Asexuality is a lack of Sexual Attraction, which we define as leading to the desire for sex with a specific person.
But there are different kinds of attraction, which an Asexual can experience.
Your desire for cuddling would be an example of Sensual Attraction.
You might find this often posted image helpful,

zlo2z.jpg

Incidentally, it is a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake, which you can learn more about here, http://wiki.asexuality.org/Cake

ZWughhv.jpg

Welcome! What parts of those subjects are you interested in? :) 

chocolate-chocolate+cake.jpg

Hi and welcome :)

Thank you for signing up and saying Hello!

AVEN is a great community with lots of friendly and supportive people from all over the planet. A lot of us will be able to relate to your thoughts and feelings! Personally I'm not a big fan of "labels" one way or the other - the most importat thing is that you're content with who you are and what you feel. You might want to check out Questions About Asexuality, which is a great spot to start exploring the site. Maybe you'll find something that reasonates with you :)

Feel free to read and explore the forums and if you have a question, ask away! See you around and have some cake:

premiumbutterscotchw.jpg

Archived