Looking back can help your future

Maya Lake

So in a past post I said how my parents might not be understanding, and how the didn't accept my brother for being gender fluid. But I think I worded it poorly. My father is an incredible man and insanely understanding. But when my brother came out and said he was trangender he didn't believe him only because he had always been there for him and he never had any indicator that he was the opposite gender. Which in turn made my father sound un accepting but looking back my father was doing it in a way that helped my brother figure out that he was gender fluid. He never bashed my brother or made him feel less of a person. I guess short story long I told him recently I'm asexual. At first I was emotional and unable to really understand what he was saying back to me. But he was super relaxed. He basically told me how one of the bands he listened to growing up and an openly asexual member and how he was happy I was able to talk to him about my sexuality. I mean I do still have to explain to him certainly sexualities that are out there but he's open to hearing them he's willing to ask questions. I guess what I'm saying it that I'm open now with my father and I feel better about it now. 

Glad it went well for you and that you feel good about having told him. :)

And I gotta ask because I'm incredibly curious... who was the asexual musician? 

Moved from Questions about Asexuality to Asexual Musings and Rantings.

TheAP

Questions about Asexuality mod

Archived