yay

omgimace

okayy so i think i'm like the acest ace i know and for some reason people think i'm gay

and one short horror story for y'all: i was randomly checking who is on some site for meeting people and PLOT TWIST I FOUND MY PROFILE and i don't remember making that and another plot twist: it says i'm a girl looking for a relationship with a girl *and my photo is there* and even more plot twists: i think i might be aro or someone who's not super romantic so i have no idea what happened am i going crazy or what and yay i live in a small homophobic town so yay for me

Maybe someone's using your picture as bait. I think someone should report it.

1 hour ago, omgimace said:

okayy so i think i'm like the acest ace i know and for some reason people think i'm gay

A lot of people don't understand the vibe they're getting from us but they can sense that we're not straight, therefore they assume that we're gay. Or sometimes people will pretend that they think you're gay if you're not showing any signs of interest in them because their ego has been bruised.

LiteratureNerd
23 minutes ago, Moon Spirit ☽ said:

A lot of people don't understand the vibe they're getting from us but they can sense that we're not straight, therefore they assume that we're gay.

I used to get read as inhabiting a weird gender category because I did not exhibit the sexually competing behaviors associated with heteronormative masculinity nor the effort of trying to appear sexually attractive associated with heteronormative femininity in a male dominated society. Still figuring how this affects me and my gender identity now that I have some distance from that situation. Anyways, welcome to a place to figure stuff out!

4 minutes ago, LiteratureNerd said:

I used to get read as inhabiting a weird gender category because I did not exhibit the sexually competing behaviors associated with heteronormative masculinity nor the effort of trying to appear sexually attractive associated with heteronormative femininity in a male dominated society.

This caused me to question my own gender for a long time. I finally decided that I am feminine in some way, just not in the same way. Though the qualities you listed are the major ones, there are other masculine/feminine qualities that you could possess. I haven't figured out any masculine qualities I might have, that's been really difficult as I seem to be mostly a mix of feminine and neutral.

LiteratureNerd
4 minutes ago, Moon Spirit ☽ said:

Though the qualities you listed are the major ones

Yes, I made a short list for the summary but have many reasons that I also have come to an identity that is somewhere between femme and neutral. I jokingly say that my gender identity is a femme fatale: I look femme (most happy in skirts and long hair) but have a strong personality and other traits that I refused to call masculine because those gendered divisions are stupid. Real, very real, but also dumb.

Archived