What supernatural creature and why?

2 hours ago, Wolfe said:

Warewolf!!!! Or like.. An animagus if that's a thing outside the Harry Potter books 😅

Pros to animagus - get to turn in to an animal without forgetting who you are and possibly accidently killing people you care about and get to decide when you turn/turn back

Cons - whatever animal probably won't look as cool as a Warewolf. Animagus might not be an actual thing outside the Harry Potter books. 

Warewolf lifestyle might be pretty difficult... Perhaps a little inconvenient at times 🤔🌕🌝

Animagus lifestyle would probably be pretty sweet because if you turned in to a dog or a cat and found some nice people to set up with you'd have a pretty cushy life.. I've wondered about doing this without turning in to an animal, I'd be such a good pet 😂

A hellhound or cerberus or something might be pretty sweet too, no idea about the pros and cons but I imagine satan would look after his pets pretty well 🤔... Right? 👀

I always take of pets! 

32 minutes ago, daveb said:

I'm changing my answer to warlock/witch ala Bewitched. They can have a lot of powers, like shapeshifting. They can fit into human society, own and read books (this is a must have criteria for me), and have long lives. :D 

I have the strong need to check out bewitched now 

Definitely would have to choose a dragon, specifically an ice-breathing dragon. I have always loved dragons in mediums like mythology, literature, film, and games. Also, my fursona (furry persona) is a dragon/ tiger hybrid known as a Draiger.

Celyn: The Lutening

A gryphon. Can't really explain my reasoning other than flying is cool.

On 11/18/2018 at 5:40 PM, AwkwardSquid said:

I have the strong need to check out bewitched now 

I’ve been watching it all on Dailymotion, such an addictive show.

fish humanoid. I want  to swim and catch many fish, crubs, shrimps. I will live in under th water. in old and big forrest, there are a low sunset. sunset is blocked by branch and leafs. I will live into lake. and I rest in small cave.

Some kind of fae/little person. Preferably with wings. Why?? It'd be fun to fly around, be mysterious, and prank humans. I'd love to hear the legends they'd make about me!

6 hours ago, Semiterrestrial Scientist said:

A wizard or dragon. Or both

I was thinking of dragons in the Dungeons & Dragons sense, who are both (generally) highly intelligent spellcasters and giant, elemental energy-breathing monstrosities. They can also take the shape of other humanoids at will, and often blend into human society for years at a time. They also get more powerful the older they are, and live for thousands of years. I hate heights and wouldn't care so much about the flying thing, but there is that, too.

Semiterrestrial Scientist
13 hours ago, Spotastic said:

I was thinking of dragons in the Dungeons & Dragons sense, who are both (generally) highly intelligent spellcasters and giant, elemental energy-breathing monstrosities. They can also take the shape of other humanoids at will, and often blend into human society for years at a time. They also get more powerful the older they are, and live for thousands of years. I hate heights and wouldn't care so much about the flying thing, but there is that, too.

Yaaaaaaaa. That’s similar to the dragons I was picturing in a series called fablehaven. The dragons can take a human avatar form.

42 minutes ago, Semiterrestrial Scientist said:

Yaaaaaaaa. That’s similar to the dragons I was picturing in a series called fablehaven. The dragons can take a human avatar form.

My wife and I love the Fablehaven series. She won't finish the last book because "then the story will be over."

Well, uh, idk....let me think (lol)

Maybe a dryad?

(But my second choice would probably be mermaids, because I find it interesting that pretty much every single continent has mermaid legends- from the Americas, the Europe, to Africa(the Karoo desert mermaids, and the Mami Wata legend) , it makes you wonder if mermaids actually do exist.)

Pros as a woodland tree creature would probably be seeing natural beauty all of the time, circumstancing eternal youth, etc.

Cons would dying if my tree got cut down or wildfire happened.

Since I'm obsessed with forest gardening already (traditional manner that can be found in India and Africa, and other parts of the world, but created for temperate environments by raw vegan Robert Hart) I would love to create my own little Garden of Eden and eat fruit and leaves all of the time, not killing anything.... sounds so nice.

EggplantWitch

Sphinxes are pretty cool. Being cuddly but also able to fly sounds pretty neat. Failing that, something like a Siren. Being able to make men do what I want and then eat them? Nice.

Anthracite_Impreza
2 hours ago, EggplantWitch said:

Sphinxes are pretty cool. Being cuddly but also able to fly sounds pretty neat. Failing that, something like a Siren. Being able to make men do what I want and then eat them? Nice.

Sphinxes can't fly, I think you're thinking of gryphons ;)

T-OTSPH.jpg14800.jpg

EggplantWitch
2 hours ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

Sphinxes can't fly, I think you're thinking of gryphons ;)

T-OTSPH.jpg14800.jpg

Grecian sphinxes can!

M18.1Sphinx.jpg

I know what I'm about, son.

Anthracite_Impreza
10 hours ago, EggplantWitch said:

Grecian sphinxes can!

M18.1Sphinx.jpg

I know what I'm about, son.

Fairy snuff, Google doesn't know about those :o

I would probably be a mermaid even though my favorite mythical creature is the cait sidhe. The reasoning behind this theory is based on the fact that I love swimming, singing, and eating raw sushi...plus my thighs already touch so I'm kind of half way there anyhow, lol. Pros include freedom to travel wherever I wish, free food, no periods, and I can discover the darkest depths of the ocean that no one has seen before.

Cons include sharks and other predators, leaving family and friends behind, and possibly getting caught or hunted by fishermen who think I'm just a giant tuna or something....honestly, I can live with this though.

Semiterrestrial Scientist
On 11/29/2018 at 12:28 PM, Spotastic said:

My wife and I love the Fablehaven series. She won't finish the last book because "then the story will be over."

But he’s writing a second part to the series! Dragonwatch! I’ve already read the ones he has written so far. I like them. I tend to have a thing for dragons though

A demon of some kind. I don't know why but there's this draw towards the dark for me. Although, to be honest, I don't necessarily believe I would have to be bad to be a demon. But obviously, me being chaotic evil would definitely play a part in it.

13 hours ago, Semiterrestrial Scientist said:

But he’s writing a second part to the series! Dragonwatch! I’ve already read the ones he has written so far. I like them. I tend to have a thing for dragons though

I was unaware of that. I will have to keep an eye out now. I am also very partial to dragons as I have 3 of them tattooed on me, including a skeletal one that I drew myself. I don't think I'd want to be a skeletal dragon, even though I think they look amazing.

Archived