Research Participation Request: Asexual Relationships Survey

Jarle

Hi all, 

We received the following from Alexandra from Michigan State University:

Do you identify on the asexual spectrum? If so, we are looking for adults (18 and older) who would be willing to take a survey on their asexual identity and experiences in relationships. This research aims to help break stereotypes about the asexual community and further spread knowledge about the experiences of asexuals. If you or anyone you know fits the criteria and would like to help further research done with the asexual community, please follow the link below!

https://msu.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_dcniCa2WE8qonD7

If you have concerns or questions about this study, such as scientific issues, how to do any part of it, or to report an injury, please contact the researcher (Jonathan R. Weaver, Ph.D. at weaver71@msu.edu or 252a Psychology Building, East Lansing, MI 48824).

This study has been approved by the Research Approval Board. 

Just to help clarify for others (because I didn't know what type of relationships the survey was looking for until I clicked on the link), the survey seems to be for--and about--romantic asexuals, not those in other types of relationships, such as queer platonic relationships.

7 hours ago, InquisitivePhilosopher said:

Just to help clarify for others (because I didn't know what type of relationships the survey was looking for until I clicked on the link), the survey seems to be for--and about--romantic asexuals, not those in other types of relationships, such as queer platonic relationships.

Hi! I'm the researcher here, and the study does ask other questions beyond romantic relationships. There is a section on if you are in a current romantic relationship, but if you say no it will direct to the other sections of the survey focused on general relationships, demographics, and other questions

Archived