The CW network disgusts me (Charmed Reboot Problem)

Which do you prefer ?   

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer ?

• Charmed
    • Charmed Reboot
    • No idea what they are am just here to view the post

CW...

they have got some of my favorite series from Reign to Smallville to Supernatural

but... after these past few weeks I honestly have lost respect and any desire to watch anything except supernatural again. 

Charmed. Charmed was my childhood I did not remember it well but I loved what I did and when I got older I found all the seasons and watched.... several times... over ten times.

Now CW has gone and done a ... reboot... okay I thought let me check the trailer.... red flags came up but I learnt long ago trailers are not always what they seem... boy was I wrong to try that first episode and even second.

The network described the Charmed revival as a "fierce, funny, feminist reboot...Between vanquishing supernatural demons, tearing down the patriarchy, and maintaining familial bonds, a witch’s work is never done."  <<< from an article 

Red flags went off again when I saw the word feminist and tearing down the patriarchy.

I am a feminist and I am so disgusted with this new show and CW. 

This series disguises a sexist series by using the word feminist just so we can have more haters. Thank you. 

What made Charmed not a feminist show? Adult females kicking demon butt without needing guidance 24/7. In the beginning they had no one but in the reboot they get their hands held and the characters are so flat that I could honestly think the earth is flat. They just accept and don't think for themselves.

The reboot is a copy riding on the coattails of Charmed success with bad acting and bad plot and bad everything. Even the effects made me cringe. 

Charmed 1998 had better effects! what??

I want to cry. Even the actresses from Charmed are not impressed in the least nor the fans. 

When I watch Charmed I feel good to be a female and that you do not need to be a teen to be bad ass like every other series makes out. The reboot makes me ashamed to be a female and an adult. Not only that but the new cast are some of the most disrespectful brats I have ever come across and I am younger!

They have comments about the Charmed actresses ages and being old. They claim to have loved Charmed but turns out 'they were to young to remember.'

Its like you can't find something from a few years ago hey... 

I liked Charmed. It dealt with everyday life problems and what it is like to balance the magical world and work.

Now they have science solving magic.

If I wanted that I would go watch Avengers and Marvel stuff. 

How is it in 2018 people in the business have lost any creativity that they need to butcher the greats and try and abuse them to get views... 

i have suggestions for new series and movies and tumblr is full of them but no... 

Honestly I hope the reboot gets cancelled soon cause honestly it disgusts me and they need to abuse the word feminist to gain interest, there is no need for that. All it does is give us a bad name.

The reboot is filled with bad everything from acting to plot to characters to more plot holes then pot holes all over the world.

Next is Shrek and Pirates of the Caribbean. 

(I am just expressing my opinion and the opinion of many other loyal fans. I am not here to start a war but just to bring light on what networks are doing to some of the greats.) 

hopeisnotlost

I've only watch like 2 episodes of charmed and none of the reboot.I wish i did watch more of the show it seemed interesting

I haven't seen the reboot but, as a big fan of the original, it just doesn't look good. If it was it's own show, I might consider giving it a chance, but it seems like they created a new show based on a few of the original ideas and then gave it the same name in hopes of gaining old fans. Besides, it's WAY to soon for a reboot anyway.

Hmm, I liked the old Charmed, and haven't exactly watched the reboot, but I sort of liked the idea of it.

What I really can't stand is Riverdale, Jughead isn't cannon because he's not ace, therefore I'm boycotting.

I watched the old Charmed, and I've been watching the reboot. Honestly, I like the reboot. I don't see it being any more feminist than the original, but I don't see what's wrong with it, either. In both cases they have all sorts of issues with the magic and lore (latest episode - seriously, that is not what a banshee or revenant is...) But I like all sorts of shows that other people hate, so I'm used to being the unpopular opinion. 

Once it's not the Charmed from my youth I ain't watching it.

Not a huge fan of CW shows in general I watched the first season of riverdale and was already annoyed with the asexual erasure and thought the show was just bad. I also am not a big fan of any dc shows that they have either. I love dc comics and just thought they really butchered the characters. I think CW shows just seem really cheesy, basic, stereotypical, and unrealistic. 

Bahaha

I'm not surprised.

You know, from what you say, seems like the original was more feminist, but I don't think they advertised it as specifically feminist. Funny how the reboot tries to bank on that and can't even deliver.

I haven't seen it, but I'm not interested in checking it out, especially if they're desperate enough to try to suck in fans by using buzzwords and trying to virtue signal about how progressive it is. If it's truly progressive, I'd like to think it wouldn't need to slap cheap neon lights around that 'fact' to prove it. With tv shows, better to walk the walk than talk the talk. lol

Sorry to hear you had such a bad experience. I wonder if the golden age of television is coming to an end.

On 11/16/2018 at 4:10 PM, hopeisnotlost said:

I've only watch like 2 episodes of charmed and none of the reboot.I wish i did watch more of the show it seemed interesting

The old one is amazing. It takes a very interesting twist on how witches and magic are viewed. 

On 11/20/2018 at 2:51 AM, The Dryad said:

Hmm, I liked the old Charmed, and haven't exactly watched the reboot, but I sort of liked the idea of it.

What I really can't stand is Riverdale, Jughead isn't cannon because he's not ace, therefore I'm boycotting.

Same there. I grew up with the comics and old cartoons so I could not stand how they made the characters. 

13 hours ago, Karret said:

Sorry to hear you had such a bad experience. I wonder if the golden age of television is coming to an end.

Thanks. I have to admit I think it is. Even some of the greats that are still going are falling apart because they get to dragged along. NCIS, Supernatural and many more. 

It also seems to be that no one can come up with anything original anymore. 

10 hours ago, AwkwardSquid said:

Thanks. I have to admit I think it is. Even some of the greats that are still going are falling apart because they get to dragged along. NCIS, Supernatural and many more. 

It also seems to be that no one can come up with anything original anymore. 

Yeah, DUDE I CAN'T BELIEVE SUPERNATURAL IS STILL GOING. I thought that shit would have ended like 3-4 years ago, or at least 10 that would have been cool because of how they have contracts lasting 10 years, woulda been a fun meta thing. I don't understand how it's still airing new episodes! X'D I heard there's something about a Scooby Doo episode?!

That is quite unfortunate. Hopefully, some truly creative mind can swoop in and save the day.

4 hours ago, Karret said:

Yeah, DUDE I CAN'T BELIEVE SUPERNATURAL IS STILL GOING. I thought that shit would have ended like 3-4 years ago, or at least 10 that would have been cool because of how they have contracts lasting 10 years, woulda been a fun meta thing. I don't understand how it's still airing new episodes! X'D I heard there's something about a Scooby Doo episode?!

That is quite unfortunate. Hopefully, some truly creative mind can swoop in and save the day.

They did a crossover with scooby doo and did one of their old episodes. It turned out to be hilarious. In all honesty though they should have ended already. They brought back people from the dead as fan service. It is not what it used to be. 

4 hours ago, AwkwardSquid said:

They did a crossover with scooby doo and did one of their old episodes. It turned out to be hilarious. In all honesty though they should have ended already. They brought back people from the dead as fan service. It is not what it used to be. 

I know! Supernatural is definitely milking their fanbase, I still watch though...even though I feel like the real stroryline ended a while back, maybe three seasons ago? Who knows anymore.

11 minutes ago, The Dryad said:

I know! Supernatural is definitely milking their fanbase, I still watch though...even though I feel like the real stroryline ended a while back, maybe three seasons ago? Who knows anymore.

It actually feels insulting that they think this is what we want. Honestly a lot of characters can go back to being dead. Maybe its time Dean and Sam stay dead. Horrible thing to think but there is a limit and they have crossed it. Nephilim story would have been interesting but they took the wrong turn for it. 

1 hour ago, AwkwardSquid said:

It actually feels insulting that they think this is what we want. Honestly a lot of characters can go back to being dead. Maybe its time Dean and Sam stay dead. Horrible thing to think but there is a limit and they have crossed it. Nephilim story would have been interesting but they took the wrong turn for it. 

I know! I was so excited then the angels fell and for the nephilim, but...it turned out really weird, then Dean ended up being a sword...idk

8 minutes ago, The Dryad said:

I know! I was so excited then the angels fell and for the nephilim, but...it turned out really weird, then Dean ended up being a sword...idk

And then we needed the return of micheal for the hundredth time 

Archived