Demographics

Brahmacarya

An observation / question on demographics on this site - why do so many people posting here seem to be children? And in that I include adolescents. It's generally accepted that teenagers are more concerned with sex, sexuality, and other aspects of personal identity more than mature adults, but does that answer the question completely? Is it simply that adults don't feel the need to connect with others on the basis of sexuality, outside more "real world" setting such as relationships or hookups, and so on? Are adults so "over" the questioning phase of their sexual lives, and busy living it rather than analysing or arguing about it? As adults do we have things so figured out that there is no further need to question?

Sexuality is sometimes viewed as a fluidic aspect of human experience. Controversial in terms of sexual orientation, as this is generally accepted as "in-born," but less so in terms of how this may change over the human lifespan - the effects of the ageing process often tapering off libido, and other aspects of life such as medications or health concerns, physical image, parenthood etc impacting on how sexuality is experienced and engaged with.

I just found it curious that so many people posting on an asexuality site seem to be children.

Thoughts?

Adults are less likely to spend time questioning their orientation? 

Adults are less likely to come across media related to Asexuality?

They’ve already come to terms with it, so they don’t look for a label / feel like they need a label?

Younge poeple are more likely to use the internet to look for answers about this? 

There could be any number of reasons for this. You could probably lay sit here and spend forever writing down all of the possible reasons.

If we look at today things are not so hidden anymore and only spoken about behind doors.

We expose them and they can get curious as well as feel like they can find answers as well. 

I mean if I was 12 and had known about this place I would be visiting quite a bit because sometimes the people your are surrounded by don't have answers and do not wanna deal with a kids life crisis in understanding who we are. 

We also push boundaries so we break the 'norm' of what society thinks these people should do or those genders should do. I mean how does a kid tell their parent they have a crush on the same gender or that they just do not want to live up to what their family expects them to. How does a kid get the chance to also understand themselves. 

I mean look how many times adults choose to not answer questions or explain things because the kids are 'too young' or do not need to be exposed but then how can we make kids aware of dangers and how can we teach kids what is right and what is wrong. 

A boy messes with a girls skirt and adult will let it be because their kids and just 'teasing' each other. Kids sometimes never get the chance to learn so why not find a place where you can. 

Kids have questions and want answers. 

25 minutes ago, Brahmacarya said:

Yes, I was more curious about why adults don't seem to.

Adults probably find it easier to go this is me and understand it and do more intense research 

Archived