Dysphoria before sleep

Purple_Panda

TW/CW: AFAB body, bottom dysphoria, suggestions please, body image issues  

I am just getting settled into bed for the night and went to the bathroom just a minute ago. I realized how fat my thighs were while doing that, and I also realized I was missing a part down there. 

I know I’m actually not, because I’m AFAB, but does anyone have any suggestions for dealing with dysphoria when I’m getting comfortable for bed, please and thank you? I know the feeling isn’t very strong and that it probably won’t last long, but it is bugging me at the moment. 

Could you wear a towel around your waist or a very long men's shirt (like get one that's too big for you) so you can't see what's happening 'down there'? Or I know some transmen buy rubber penises to insert into their underwear which can help them feel less dysphoric. I've seen pics of them and they look pretty realistic!! But maybe just a towel or something is an easier solution for now? :3 

edit: also as an immediate solution for something you're already feeling, maybe you could try to visualize yourself looking differently and try to feel the emotions of how that would feel. I do that sometimes if I feel too fat or whatever and and it sometimes helps :3

edit 2: oh and drawing yourself looking differently, that sometimes helps me too!

@FictoCannibal., thank you. I do want a packer sometimes but it’s not possible to get one right now. I do have a long shirt I wear to bed sometimes though. 

Archived