Am I Really Asexual?

QuarterShorter

QuarterShorter

I'm nudity- and sex-repulsed. I have no desire for sex and actively avoid nudity. I show signs of asexuaity, but I'm still questioning it. I'm only 17 years old. I may be a "late bloomer" or just have extremely latent sexuality. 

A couple of things make me question my asexuality. Whenever I talk about my crush or act in a rather romantic way toward a girl (I'm a boy), I start to get an uncontrollable boner. Not a full one, but up to halfway. It's not even pleasureable. I'm having no sexual thoughts at the time. I've also tried visualizing sex. With a standard "sexy" woman I can't imagine anything pleasing, nor with anyone else that I am unfamiliar with. However, it does seem to be vaguely stimulating with my crush, but not full on. Maybe ~2%? It seems to be heavily tied to romantic attraction, so I think that it's just an extension of my romantic attraction. 

@QuarterShorter An Asexual doesn't experience Sexual Attraction, but arousal is different from Sexual Attraction, and since you say you don't have sexual thoughts at those times, I'd say it's just arousal.

You might experience Sexual Attraction in the future, but at the moment I don't think you have any reason to doubt your Asexuality.

Sleepyslitherin

Honestly I don't know if I am asexual, but I do sound prettysimilar to one. To explain,  I would say I love hugging and cuddling with friends, but anything in a sexual or romantic sense makes me uncomfortable and kind of disgusted... I don't find myself sexually attracted to people, but I do find myself finding them good looking(cause any one can tell if someone has good facial structure) or their body type is what I want or am envious about. I actually remember kissing this one guy not too long ago and I just wanted it to end.  I didn't get the point of it.. Why would someone voluntarily do it? My friend told me I may be asexual,  but be a romantic person or maybe even just curious.... I have no clue and I feel the need to label myself... What even am I?

Archived