Any Metalheads here.

Stevo_unbelievo

Stevo_unbelievo

Just wondering if any other Asexuals enjoy heavy music. If so what are your favorite bands. Who have you seen live. Amd what is your favorite subgenre's

Being from Tampa Florida I'm a big Death metal fan some of my favorites include. Obituary, Morbid Angel, Sepultura, Autopsy, Gorguts, Deicide, Nocturnus A.D, Cannibal Corpse, Pestilence, Diabolic, and Brutality.

Also into Stoner/Doom metal like Crowbar, Acid Bath, Corrosion of Conformity, high on fire, Bongzilla, and cant think of any more atm but their definatly is more lol.

I've seen Slayer live which was awesome. Plan on seeing iron Maiden next year, I've seen Obituary as well. And hundreds of other bands nobody has heard of. 

Yeah, there's quite a few of us around.

A lot of the stuff I listen to is either thrash or melodeath with random stuff here and there. Slayer would have to be an all time favourite, and pretty much the only band I don't struggle thinking of of what I listen to (there's quite a few rattling around up there.)

Bands I've seen were all this year, since they all happened to be here, and since I could afford it this time, were Arch Enemy, King Parrot, Death Angel with Sepultura and a couple random local get ups. They were all pretty great.

There's also this thread here that you might be interested in:

*waves hand * Metalhead reporting for duty!

I enjoy many subgenres, like anything from light stuff like Xandria, Delain or Nightwish through Epica, Sabaton, to heavier things like Arch Enemy or Children of Bodom.

hopeisnotlost

I listen to everything when it comes to music...Metal,classical,rock,some rap,little bit of pop...You name the song I'll listen to it probably as long  as  it's not too sexual.

I like most kinds of metal, but I especially love melodic metal

My metal genre mostly depends on the mood I'm in, but I listen everything from symphonic metal to extreme black metal.

Ms. Carolynne

I listen to all shades of metal, really.

As for favorite sub genre, I'm not sure. I really like melodic death metal, deathcore, and industrial metal.

I've recently been getting into doom metal.

As for who I've seen live, a lot of bands recently *shamelessly plugs thread*

Recently I saw Within the Ruins, and As I Lay Dying.

I have a strong preference for melody in metal. I also like female vocals, although they aren't a must. Keyboards, and other non-typically-metal instruments very much welcome. Anyway, as long as any of these conditions are met, I'll be interested.

I don't shun raw stuff completely, but will usually only listen to it in small quantities.

Stevo_unbelievo

Looks like metal is pretty popular amongst the ace community seeing how I've had a good number if responces in a short time. I've definitely noticed a good deal of tolerance within the metal community. You do have some hateful people but mostly I think metal is a genre of acceptance. We have highly visible transsexuals in our community. Some of them have received hate but luckily they where called out and shamed for their hatred. 

I've been getting more and more into metal and related genres. I'm a vocalist, and I've been really inspired by more extreme vocal styles, so it's been natural that my interests are swaying towards styles like metal. And I have to say, I've really been loving it.

I discovered metal in a way that would probably get me made fun of by most metalheads: through those emo metalcore bands like Pierce the Veil. But by now I've pretty much explored all the subgenres and my favorites are death metal and melodic metal. And I can still appreciate some metalcore.

I've been into metal since I was 10 or 11 (so for about the past 20 or so years). I'm into the Thrash, Death, and Industrial types. So bands like Megadeth, Slayer, Cannibal Corpse, Death, and Ministry are pretty high up there. I've seen Slayer, Motorhead, Megadeth, Anthrax, Fear Factory, and Dream Theater; and that's just the metal shows I've been to. Being into a whole lot of other genres, I've seen a whole lot of other bands too.

I'll admit, I first got into metal because of Metallica's Black Album, which people tend to make fun of me for. It's an awesome album. I still love it and consider it a good starting point.

Definitely a huge metal fan.

I tend to like the post modern and instrumental metal the best, but have been introduced to all types of forms of it.

Some of the favorites happen to be:

Dream Theater, Opeth, Rosetta, Metallica, Corrosion of Conformity, Pelican, Russian Circles, Lacuna Coil. I also got into Kittie, Jesu, etc etc.

Last, but definitely not least:

Spoiler

I could go on, but will leave it at that.

10 hours ago, CallaWolf said:

I'll admit, I first got into metal because of Metallica's Black Album, which people tend to make fun of me for. It's an awesome album. I still love it and consider it a good starting point.

That sorta reminds me. I'm in the St Anger was pretty decent camp. There's a bit of a mixed thing where everyone either hates it or loves it.

Contrary to how I may appear, metal is one of my favorite music genres. :D 

The thing is, I'm also a weeb, so I tend to lean towards Japanese metal. :ph34r:

I'm currently obsessed with these guys. *__*

On 11/16/2018 at 6:05 AM, Una Salus Victus said:
On 11/15/2018 at 7:23 PM, CallaWolf said:

That sorta reminds me. I'm in the St Anger was pretty decent camp. There's a bit of a mixed thing where everyone either hates it or loves it. 

What's wrong with getting into metal through Metallica? It was one of the first bands in the genre I listened to.

On a slightly similar note: people in the metal community often make fun of and look down on promotional singles, but how many of them got into their favourite band after watching/hearing one? I'm certainly not ashamed of saying that I started listening to one of my favourites (NIghtwish) specifically after hearing "Nemo".

1 hour ago, Piotrek said:

What's wrong with getting into metal through Metallica? It was one of the first bands in the genre I listened to.

On a slightly similar note: people in the metal community often make fun of and look down on promotional singles, but how many of them got into their favourite band after watching/hearing one? I'm certainly not ashamed of saying that I started listening to one of my favourites (NIghtwish) specifically after hearing "Nemo".

Getting into it through Metallica is one thing, but then you'll find out that you'll either like St Anger or not, but then hear everyone else say how bad it is.

I say believe it or not simply because when it comes to the Black Album, a lot of people see the Black album as the start of Metallica's "selling out" period. I thought the Black Album was an amazing album. Was it different? Possibly, but was it a bad or "selling out" record? I honestly don't think so (I think that one goes to ReLoad, maybe even Load, but I have more or less the same thoughts on the first Load album as I did with the Black Album).

When it comes to St. Anger, I'm on the fence when it comes to the album. It's kinda sad to hear Kirk Hammett's solos replaced with Lars' over use of the snare drum. If it was one, or the other, I probably wouldn't have minded (considering I'm into a lot of music that employs blast beats and don't really mind them, or other genres of music that don't have solos). But for a band like Metallica, who has a great lead guitarist and an average (or maybe slightly above average in some cases) drummer, both together was disheartening. Though, the musicianship on what was there was interesting at the very least, if not forced.

Metallica was my favorite band for almost 15 years, and I still love the heck out of them, though St. Anger and ReLoad were awkward albums for a longtime Metallica fans.

Archived