AVENues Oct/Nov/Dec 2018 -- Sex Ed

scarletlatitude

scarletlatitude

The next AVENues issue is ready! We got a bit behind because of technical difficulties, but now we are ready! This issue is about sex education.

To view: http://bit.ly/avenues-holiday-2018

To download: http://bit.ly/avenues-holiday-2018-download

(No smaller version yet... again, technical issues)

Our staff:

Editor in chief: @scarletlatitude

Layout: @kelico @ThinkNotVanilla

Editors: @Blue Ice-Tea @Snao Cone @kelico @addewyn @Biblioromantic

Creative team: @SkyWorld @kelico  @addewyn

Interview: @Puck @Skycaptain

Writers/Artists: @Snao Cone Dreaming Ace, Bluenose2722, @Blue Ice-Tea @Silk Bones @darvyn @disneydork @kelico @Life Of Tass

===================================

Our first issue for 2019 will be an all creatives special! Send us all of your art - drawings, paintings, digital art, stories, poems, whatever! Send all the arts!! :D

Fill out the question of the month form here: https://goo.gl/forms/rfV5yxHX6NS4Bh1G2

You can send us creatives through PM (send a message to any member) or email (avenues.submissions@gmail.com). 

Edited by scarletlatitude
  • Like 20

I think we all did an amazing job!!!!!! And it was really difficult doing the layout on my own this time, but it was really fun. Thank you to everyone for contributing!!

• Like 3
scarletlatitude

Heads up to anyone looking to submit a thing for our next issue -- we are currently working on a copyright release form that everyone will need to fill out. You can still submit for now, but we can't publish your work until you fill out the form. As soon as we have the form finalized we will start sending it out to people who have already submitted something. :) 

• Like 3
  • 4 weeks later...
SherlockHomes

This is my first time reading your publication, hi!

I could definitely relate to not being uncomfortable with terms and such during sex ed classes. Despite not ever being interested in engaging in sexual activity, I have always enjoyed learning about sex ed topics, the different sexual and gender identities that exist in the world, etc. I definitely agree that asexuality is a neglected topic in sex ed classes in school that more people should know about. I remember we could ask confidential questions in my high school sex ed class. I remember writing down a question about why people had sex if it could be uncomfortable or painful the first time (what we were taught). The teacher said "because after that first time it starts to feel good." And I remember finding that answer very unsatisfactory. I still didn't understand. Later in high school I discovered asexuality and everything made sense.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a feeling that teaches sneak in sex Ed in health which in my opinion is not ok so the teachers should stop that