Blue Lilac

Yep. 

About ten years ago, my best friend said: "So..... are you asexual"  I asked him what that meant and immediately embraced the term.  My response was  "yea, I don't give a shit about sex".  

Before that, I thought that was just celibate.  

My parents and sister had worked it out, which is probably why I never got any "are you going to find a partner?" questions 😋 

I had looked at asexuality years ago, but denied that it was me. It was my wife who recently made me look into it again and finally admitting that it was 100% me.

Yes my friends knew before me. I couldn't spell aromatic so I got them to spell it on a school cenus thing

Anthracite_Impreza

Not with asexuality, but they did with autism. I went to one of them all downtrodden and unsure and said "I think I might be autistic", and you know what he said? "Yeah, I've known that for years" <_<

I’m pretty sure my whole family knows, but doesn’t know there’s a word for it (or thinks it’s Aspergers).

Purple Wanderer

The more I think about it. My friends mustnt be too bright if they havenr figured it out

On Tuesday, November 13, 2018 at 3:53 AM, Blue Lilac said:

Do any of you guys have an experience with someone realising before you, or helping you come to the conclusion that you were ace?

When I was starting high school I remember being confused about everything, like you do when you're in high school... and a friend who was a bit older messaged me on facebook and was like, "Hey, do you think you might be asexual?" I didn't know what that was, so I said something like "no, definitely not.." I wish I still had the messages because she knew what was up. Really helped me when I looked back and just had an "oh damn..." moment 

A few of my friends thought I might be gay.  They told me that they noticed I didn't show any interest in anyone, so they weren't sure exactly what I was, but thought I might like women.

Turns out they were only partially right.  I'm a demiromantic ace who's attracted to cis women.

I guess I was projecting major queer vibes since childhood, because some of these people I had known as a kid.  They told me they noticed way back then. :blink:

EnterCreativeName

There was one point where I came out to all of my friends at once while we were at lunch. They all just looked at me and one of them said, "Yeah, we already knew that." and laughed a little before moving on with the conversation. I was a little surprised, but I guess it was obvious that it was ace.

Same here.  I have an older friend, who is like a second mother to me.   She was the first person I came out to.  She just smiled and said "I was thinking that you might be".

Archived