Hi I'm new and I'm trying to find people like me to talk about anything but sex with!!!!!

Niamhh

Hello!! My name is Lauren, I'm 22 ~ I joined today because everyones super annoying, talking about sex and boring things I don't care about soooo I've been trying to find like minded people who'll talk about cool things like dogs, movies, zombies and apocalypse scenarios etceteraaa etceteraaa 😁

@Wolfe Hello, that's why I joined AVEN too. I can handle people talking about sex/dating but not in large amounts. When it's the only thing they ever talk about I stop caring.

Welcome to AVEN!

I joined because I don't know any other Asexuals in real life

ZWughhv.jpg

Welcome to AVEN.

Dogs yes, movies yes, zombies no, and only interesting apocalypses. Lol

Have a beautiful day.

Cameron Corinthian

I just joined today because unlike people my own age I have no desire to have sex I feel I can't talk to people my own age without them bringing up sex. I need asexual friends as I feel I have more in common with asexual people.

4 minutes ago, Cameron Corinthian said:

I just joined today because unlike people my own age I have no desire to have sex I feel I can't talk to people my own age without them bringing up sex. I need asexual friends as I feel I have more in common with asexual people.

Abso-friggin-lutely the same here! I've been feeling like such an outcast recently, a discussion with a friend and a regrettable night out led me to the "I need to find more asexuals" decision. I know exactly how you feel, I've been feeling so isolated and like nobody gets me but I posted a thing earlier to talk about it and it's already really helping I even found an asexual meet up in London that I might go to. 

I live in such a small countyside area there's only so many people here and so far they all seem to be sexual so I have to go to the city to find aces it seems :')

I seriously don't understand how so many people are sooo obsessed with sex.. Seriously what IS the BFD? 🙄

I don't talk about sex but I often go down google wormholes reading about odd fetishes. Weird stuff like balonophilia, dacrophilia and people who marry the Berlin Wall for example is strangely fascinating, but I avoid the icky stuff.

To me that side of sexuality is akin to cults, conspiracies, extremism and other strange human behaviour that I'm interested in.  But I don't ever talk sex with mates as I have nothing to add to any conversation!!!

20 minutes ago, argar said:

Welcome to AVEN.

Thank you! I feel so at home already thanks to AVEN I actually haven't been outside at all today 😁

Dogs yes, movies yes,

I LIKE YOU! 

zombies no

Oh wait... 

To each their own but WHYYY? 😆

21 minutes ago, argar said:

only interesting apocalypses

Whats your idea of an interesting apocalypse? Nuclear? Supernatural? 

What other ones are there? 🤔

Ha ha!!

Biblical?

Or does that one fall under Supernatural? Lol

Hmm,

Robot uprising?

Eh,

Zombies have been played out, now zombie cyborgs uprising might be interesting. Lol

42 minutes ago, lonelyace said:

@Wolfe Hello, that's why I joined AVEN too. I can handle people talking about sex/dating but not in large amounts. When it's the only thing they ever talk about I stop caring.

Oh same here, in small quantities it's absolutely fine and I actually find that I'm amazing at relationship advice which is hilarious! I enjoy counselling my friends but like you when it gets too much I zone out 😅

34 minutes ago, MichaelTannock said:

Welcome to AVEN!

I joined because I don't know any other Asexuals in real life

ZWughhv.jpg

OMG I GET CAKE?! THANK YOU?! 

The least interesting apocalypse I can think of is just a regular disease/virus that wipes out a lot of people. We need to get really creative with our apocalypses. How about giant radioactive animals, or furniture coming to life. Get real little kid cartoon apocalypse, but hey, at least it's fun.

SithAzathoth WinterDragon
56 minutes ago, Wolfe said:

apocalypse scenarios

Welcome to AVEN! I can have fun with this :P on a geological scale BUT we can talk about zombies too. 

@Time2Jack those sound intriguing! You've made me want to Google them, I'll meet you down the wormhole 😆

I've never thought about cults and conspiracies and things but to be honest I'd probably be pretty interested myself ~ I'm always up for a good mystery, is it too big of a question if I ask about your favourite conspiracy theories? 

@argar I admit zombies are EVERYWHERE these days but I just love the whole survival aspect of it all, I know you get that with other apocalyptic scenarios too but I don't know what it is about zombies that does it for me 😅 perhaps it's the impossible, rediculous science behind it 🤔

I wasn't sure whether to add biblical as a separate one or not! I suppose I should have done really but I was including that with supernatural even though I suppose that would be more witches and demons and things! 

I ALWAYS FORGET ABOUT ROBOTS!!! That's a good shout, I hope you've got survival plans for all of these. Also I'm theifing the zombie robot idea 👀 

11 minutes ago, Shieldmaiden WinterDragon said:

Welcome to AVEN! I can have fun with this :P on a geological scale BUT we can talk about zombies too. 

Thank you!!!

Shoot with the apocalypse scenarios!!!

World War Z, walking dead or other? 

Have you got a zombie apocalypse survival plan in place? Because YOU KNOW it's definitely going to happen right? 😂😂😂 

Ha ha!!

Take it.

I'm pretty sure I stole it from someone else as well. 

Hmm, now necromancers and unread is a conversation I could have. Lol

SithAzathoth WinterDragon
1 minute ago, Wolfe said:

Thank you!!!

Shoot with the apocalypse scenarios!!!

World War Z, walking dead or other? 

Have you got a zombie apocalypse survival plan in place? Because YOU KNOW it's definitely going to happen right? 😂😂😂 

The Living Dead! aaah yes....... I have enough swords and dry goods to last me awhile if it ever happened :P 

As for geological hazards....... I can go on about it for hours.

15 minutes ago, lonelyace said:

giant radioactive animals

Giant radioactive animals is a brilliant idea! I've day dreamed about this on countless occasions 😆

Yeah regular a desease/virus apocalypse would be pretty boring although I have to admit I got hooked on "The Rain" on Netflix and I think I'd class that as a regular virus kind of thing? 🤔

I suppose it would depend on the origin of the desease/virus? 

5 minutes ago, Wolfe said:

@Time2Jack those sound intriguing! You've made me want to Google them, I'll meet you down the wormhole 😆

I've never thought about cults and conspiracies and things but to be honest I'd probably be pretty interested myself ~ I'm always up for a good mystery, is it too big of a question if I ask about your favourite conspiracy theories? 

Hi,

To be accurate I don't believe in any! Don't get me wrong there have been many conspiracies but like Watergate, the Gulf of Tonkin and the Suez Affair of 1956 for example, they never manage to stay secret for long. We are living in such a crazy world that the US President's son retweets posts about how Hilary Clinton had an underground child sex dungeon underneath a Washington pizza parlour! And millions of people believe it!!!! And don't get me started on the revivified 'flat Earth' nonsense....

Plus most conspiracists blame the Jews for everything, as if 15 million Jews meet up regularly to plot our downfall/replace white people in Europe and America with Muslims (yeah right! Their natural allies 🤣)

Michael Shermer's "Why People Believe Weird Things: Pseudoscience, Superstition, and Other Confusions of Our Time" is a fascinating intro to the topic. Check him on YouTube too. Amazon link

3 minutes ago, Time2Jack said:

Plus most conspiracists blame the Jews for everything, as if 15 million Jews meet up regularly to plot our downfall/replace white people in Europe and America with Muslims (yeah right! Their natural allies 🤣)

Not all conspiracy theories. You just need to go for the absolutely insane, unbelievable ones like aliens, reptilians, and alternate universes.

3 minutes ago, lonelyace said:

Not all conspiracy theories. You just need to go for the absolutely insane, unbelievable ones like aliens, reptilians, and alternate universes.

Funny you mention that! I got into the whole thing in 1999 when I watched the wonderful Jon Ronson's show about David Icke, the lizards and the Jews YouTube link

(PS - the 1st time conspiracy-fuhrer Alex Jones was on TV fact fans)

@argar 

Ha! Well in that case 🏃‍♂️💨

Necromancers and undead is something I've been getting more in to recently! Before I was in to horror but only really slashers, a good serial killer and I was happy but I started watching that new Sabrina thing on Netflix and now I'm like 😳"hm whoooow"

So any Necromancer/undead movie suggestions will be warmly welcomed! I think this kind of apocalypse would be the hardest kind of apocalypse to survive! 

BTW - astrophysicists are completely open to the idea of alternate universes. 

5 minutes ago, lonelyace said:

2 minutes ago, Wolfe said:

@argar 

Ha! Well in that case 🏃‍♂️💨

Necromancers and undead is something I've been getting more in to recently! Before I was in to horror but only really slashers, a good serial killer and I was happy but I started watching that new Sabrina thing on Netflix and now I'm like 😳"hm whoooow"

So any Necromancer/undead movie suggestions will be warmly welcomed! I think this kind of apocalypse would be the hardest kind of apocalypse to survive! 

Are you aware of where the phrase 'saved by the bell' comes from? Wiki

15 minutes ago, Shieldmaiden WinterDragon said:

The Living Dead! aaah yes....... I have enough swords and dry goods to last me awhile if it ever happened :P 

As for geological hazards....... I can go on about it for hours.

The living dead!!!!! Yes!!!!!! 

Oh wow you really are set, I've gotta get a sword! 😆

Geological being like the day after tomorrow and twister??? I love those movies, there are plenty of others I think but these ones are the best in my eyes! Worst thing is these apocalypses are actually the most likely and that's terrifying

2 minutes ago, Time2Jack said:

Are you aware of where the phrase 'saved by the bell' comes from? Wiki

I never put two and two together?!!! 😱😱😱 But of course it makes so much sense how on earth did I not know that?! 

I love it that's so macabre, hello new favourite phrase.

I hope you've got more interesting facts like this!!!! 

@Time2Jack

Yup,

All I have to say is I am glad I live in a time of modern medicine.

With all that hangups that also means I have to live through. Lol

5 minutes ago, Time2Jack said:

BTW - astrophysicists are completely open to the idea of alternate universes.

Oh I know. It's actually my pet conspiracy theory. But stuff like tha Mandela effect is easily explained by human psychology, and there are some out there stories like "the man from Turing." 

1 minute ago, Wolfe said:

The living dead!!!!! Yes!!!!!! 

Oh wow you really are set, I've gotta get a sword! 😆

Geological being like the day after tomorrow and twister??? I love those movies, there are plenty of others I think but these ones are the best in my eyes! Worst thing is these apocalypses are actually the most likely and that's terrifying

Have you watched Threads or the Day After? Both scary realistic nuclear holocaust TV programs that scared the shit out of the world when I was a kid. I saw Threads in 83. I can vouch for its horror value. I crapped myself!!! Threads trailer Day After full movie

Archived