ASEXUAL PRIDE FLOAT FUNDRAISER

littleariel

Hi everyone!

Last year I watched my local pride parade (in Perth Australia) and out of over 80+ floats there was no Asexual float!

I decided to take matters into my own hands and this year created my own float!

As I am just one person I can't fund the whole thing myself so I've made a little fundraiser I'm hoping some of you can get behind!

I'm selling these custom painted Pride records:

png_6b40c91e-95a1-4c0c-8ab1-5ad1d6ef7d56

They are $20 and you can order one here: https://goo.gl/forms/IzDBYtrbljuRG3vE2

If that's a little too costly for you but you'd still like to help out I have a ko-fi page where you can donate the cost of a coffee: https://ko-fi.com/kateypops

Any leftover money will go directly to funding LGBTQ+ charities :)

Would really love if you guys could help out and get some Ace representation out there!

Thank you ❤️

Good luck! I'm not actually aware we've ever had an ace float in *any* Pride march anywhere. Please correct me, someone, if I'm wrong. We have marched in loads of prides, over the last ten years, in various countries, but it's always been a walking group so far. In many ways that works really well, because if we're on the ground we get to talk to people and hand out leaflets. Still an ace float has to happen sometime. Kudos to you if you can pull it off! But if not, do consider a walking group. It can work with as few as two people (that's the smallest one I've been in). Possibly even just one, though it helps to have two to hold a banner.

As the post solicits donations, I should mention that the Project Team have approved this for posting.

- michaeld (AVEN PT)

In Perth the parade is more of a celebration type thing, so you're not allowed to hand things out to the crowd

I've already booked all our things in ~ we have a ute and a sound system and matching costumes with lights and even a dance!

So the fundraiser is more to make all the money I spent back (which I'm 100% happy to pay off myself but I thought people may like a custom record) :)

Archived