Asexuals and Heaven?

NewAce7

Hi guys.

So I stumbled on an Asexual YouTube video, she stated that Asexuals will go to Heaven simply because we don't like sex and as a result we cant commit adultry or fornication. 

What she said sort of boosted some confidence and can make you feel a little elevated above other sexes.

God loves Asexuals?

Do you agree? What are your thoughts?

letusdeleteouraccounts

[I’m a non denominational Christian]

That’s not how that works I’m sorry 😂 the only thing asexuality does for you really is decrease your chances/temptations for sexual sins

I don't think there is an afterlife, so that idea sounds like unjustified elitism to me.

Just now, Star Lion said:

[I’m a non denominational Christian]

That’s not how that works I’m sorry 😂 the only thing asexuality does for you really is decrease your chances/temptations for sexual sins

Thanks, 

Same here, I am a non-demoninational christian. And i love ur perspective. 

giphy.gif

Anthracite_Impreza

What, even if they're a stealing, lying murderer? Smells like 💩 to me.

1 minute ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

What, even if they're a stealing, lying murderer? Smells like 💩 to me.

Lol :D

U have a point there

As a Christian (Baptist) I refuse to believe one's sexuality has anything to do with the afterlife.

As a Mod (Asexual Musings and Rantings) I just wanna remind everyone that elitism is not allowed. No one in this thread has crossed that line, hence this is not in green but I am just putting it out there. 

I believe God sees aces the same as He sees allos. Everyone has the capacity to intentionally sin or resist sin.

I don't believe in a god or religion, but it seems to me that there are a million other ways to violate traditional morality than through sex. This doesn't hold up to any religions I'm aware of. 

And really, are you demonstrating strength of faith by not engaging in "sins" that don't tempt you anyway? It seems like it comes too easy to be worthy of special recognition. 

Galactic Turtle

I actually laughed. Was she reading the Bible or Fifty Shades of Paul? XD 

19 minutes ago, Snao Cone said:

And really, are you demonstrating strength of faith by not engaging in "sins" that don't tempt you anyway? It seems like it comes to easy to be worthy of special recognition. 

Agreed. It seems about as impressive as a non-smoker saying they haven't touched a cigarette all day.

Or a non-humorist saying that they can go months on end without making a single pun.

SithAzathoth WinterDragon

I do not believe in any "one god" religions or the christian god or their heaven, but for those that do, I respect their beliefs and for who they are. 

For me I have no idea where my path will lead after it's my time, I'll just let it take it's course. 

Chocolatastic AroAce

I'd like to think the people going to heaven would be all around decent people.... whether they had sex with 0 people or 300.

Biblioromantic
3 hours ago, NewAce7 said:

So I stumbled on an Asexual YouTube video, she stated that Asexuals will go to Heaven simply because we don't like sex and as a result we cant commit adultry or fornication. 

Where is this video? Can you post the link? I wanna go give it a big, fat thumbs down.

Also, just because someone doesn't experience sexual attraction doesn't mean they can't/don't like sex. It also doesn't mean they can't/don't have sex with people they're not married to. The whole argument is stupid and wrong and based on gross inaccuracies.

As to the question, if he exists and if he cares about humans individually at all, I think God probably loves *all* his children, but he probably doesn't think too highly of the ones who hold themselves as better or more deserving of grace than anyone else, especially for something no one can control. Those children in particular seem ripe for lightning strikes.

I've stamped my passport to Hell long ago for other things in my life making my asexuality a moot point

chemical_shed
5 hours ago, NewAce7 said:

Hi guys.

What she said sort of boosted some confidence and can make you feel a little elevated above other sexes.

God loves Asexuals?

Do you agree? What are your thoughts?

Hello! For clarification, I am a non-denominational Christian and I am ace/aro. I completely disagree that we (as in asexuals) are in any way better than anybody from a Christian standpoint. The Bible makes it very clear that everyone needs salvation through Christ because we "all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" (Romans 3:23). I'm glad it boosted your confidence but from one Christian to another, don't elevate yourself above other! Remember, we are servants of Christ. We wont go to Heaven simply because we're ace as we can still be tempted to sin in other non-sexual ways; a "free ticket" to Heaven does not exist. God loves asexuals but He also loves the rest of humanity.

What gives me peace of mind and confidence in my asexuality is that Paul in 1 Corinthians 7 when talking about marriage says in verse 8 that "it is good for them [referring to the unmarried and the widows] to remain single, as I am." Paul of course is not stepping out of line in saying these things as he notes several times through out the scripture that is the Lord who says these things and not by his(Paul's) own command.

I know this doesn't apply to everyone and they may not agree depending on their beliefs but I am just going off by what the Bible says and what I've studied. If anyone disagrees with me I totally understand and I would be more than happy to have a discussion. 

God be with you@NewAce7!

Antitheist here, so yeah. Utter nonsense on all levels.

9 hours ago, asshole said:

giphy.gif

This...just explained everything about this situation.

Thank you.

I can't imagine myself going to heaven just because I am asexual 😂😂 There are other sins which don't fall under sex too. I sometimes wonder whether people know that there is a world beyond sex. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived