Asexuality mentioned in a webcomic

Yinlotus93

Been reading this webcomic that's basically about exploring and discussing different aspects of sex and sexuality (pretty much a mini sex-ed lesson for every ep) and previously there were hints about a particular character being Ace. This was recently confirmed in the last couple of episodes and thought it was interesting that there was some recognition and a discussion about being Ace and dealing with the confusion from a partner about it. Not a very extensive coverage, but still liked how it presented at least in small part Aceness.

This is the webcomic here: https://www.webtoons.com/en/slice-of-life/boo-its-sex/list?title_no=1413

@Yinlotus93 Thank you for sharing!

I assume the link worked, it brought me to a page showing episodes 33 to 42 of "Boo! It's Sex".

@MichaelTannockOk thank you for letting me know. I don't really do links much so I wasn't sure. ^_^" The chapters where the whole being Ace (romantic Ace btw) and trying to explain to a partner is from episode 39-40. Episodes 41-42 are the beginning of the aftermath for now

That Demi Mammoth

Cool, thanks for this, I always like to see aces  and people on the ace spectrum reflected in media, and this is just another nice example.

1 hour ago, Yinlotus93 said:

Been reading this webcomic that's basically about exploring and discussing different aspects of sex and sexuality (pretty much a mini sex-ed lesson for every ep) and previously there were hints about a particular character being Ace. This was recently confirmed in the last couple of episodes and thought it was interesting that there was some recognition and a discussion about being Ace and dealing with the confusion from a partner about it. Not a very extensive coverage, but still liked how it presented at least in small part Aceness.

This is the webcomic here: https://www.webtoons.com/en/slice-of-life/boo-its-sex/list?title_no=1413

I just read it. I think KIm may be homo/biromantic since she willingly kissed the Gym Girl first. That scene shook me as I was led on to a Lesbian twist (No hate 💖) But I was really happy when Kim confirmed she was asexual.

SithAzathoth WinterDragon
1 hour ago, MichaelTannock said:

@Yinlotus93 Thank you for sharing!

I assume the link worked, it brought me to a page showing episodes 33 to 42 of "Boo! It's Sex".

Yes. I liked it. 

This webtoon is amazingly simple yet touches on many important physical and emotional sexual topics. It's pretty comical, but also has poignant moments and realistic characters. I'm loving the positive lgbtq rep. I'd recommend it to anyone and will definitely spread it around 😄

On 11/7/2018 at 9:36 PM, ZinxtheJinx said:

That scene shook me as I was led on to a Lesbian twist (No hate 💖) But I was really happy when Kim confirmed she was asexual.

Same here. Lesbian rep is great, and I certainly got a stupid grin when they started kissing, but at the same time I was like what?? No!! My totally relatable ace rep!!!

On 11/8/2018 at 1:27 AM, Yinlotus93 said:

Here's the specific page where asexuality is mentioned. I really liked it!

Archived