Asexual Community Survey Team looking for volunteers

Snao Cone

Hello lovely community!

I know from the thread I posed a couple weeks ago that there are many fans of the Asexual Community Survey (formerly called the Asexual Census) because of the invaluable information it provides. Did you know that it's run entirely by volunteers? AND GUESS WHAT??!?!?! You can be one too!!!

The Asexual Community Survey Team, which is independent from AVEN, has asked that we put out an announcement for them:

We need your help: Volunteer for the Survey Team

The Ace Community Survey Team is responsible for designing and releasing the Ace Community Survey each year, one of the largest sources of quantitative data on ace communities.

We are currently looking for new volunteers, particularly people with programming or writing skills, as we work on our backlog of data and publish more analysis.

If you’re interested, please see this page for more info, and apply by the end of November.

Also, a reminder that the 2018 Ace Community Survey is still open for responses.  To ensure that you have a chance to respond to it before it closes, please take it before November 15th.

This is a great opportunity to get involved in visibility, education, and awareness projects in the asexual community. You also get to learn skills and work with very talented people. I encourage everyone who has a knack for surveys and analysis to consider volunteering. You can sign up using the links provided above, or contact asexualcensus@gmail.co m.

Snao Cone

Resource and Education Director

Any word on when the 2016 community census report is going to be released, as the promised release date was two weeks ago? No doubt the group could use more volunteers.

11 hours ago, Pramana said:

Any word on when the 2016 community census report is going to be released, as the promised release date was two weeks ago? No doubt the group could use more volunteers.

I wasn't aware that we had promised a release date, but it is true that the 2016 report is nearly complete.  New volunteers would work on the 2017 report, and other analysis.

1 hour ago, Siggy said:

I wasn't aware that we had promised a release date, but it is true that the 2016 report is nearly complete.  New volunteers would work on the 2017 report, and other analysis.

I was going by this statement from the announcement for the 2018 survey: "The 2016 report will be coming out on Saturday October 27th." https://asexualcensus.wordpress.com In any case, I'm glad to hear that the 2016 report is nearly complete. Thanks to everyone who worked on it.

I wish I could volunteer, as I'm very interested, but I don't have the time needed for writing or statistical work, and I don't know if I ever will.

That Demi Mammoth

This sounds like a great way to put my code skills to good use, and help the community out at the same time.

I filled it out. How can I volunteer with the data analysis stuff?

RedSpiderLily

I'd really like to start participating actively with the community and hopefully affect positive change.

Divide By Zero

I'd like to volunteer but my life is so crazy busy right now. Maybe in a few years I'll have more time.

I would love to do this, but between work, college, and AVEN, I seriously don't think I'll have the time...😭

Before I consider joining, I think that I need to know if that's even plausible. Does anyone know if I can help out if I'm under 18? I could translate the results in Greek to improve ace visibility in Greece (and maybe some other stuff, I don't know)

Sorry for the slow response.  We've gotten a lot of volunteers!

On 11/8/2018 at 7:20 AM, Pramana said:

I was going by this statement from the announcement for the 2018 survey: "The 2016 report will be coming out on Saturday October 27th." https://asexualcensus.wordpress.com In any case, I'm glad to hear that the 2016 report is nearly complete. Thanks to everyone who worked on it.

You're right, we did make that promise!  We're a few weeks late, but the report is out right now!

Does anyone know if I can help out if I'm under 18? I could translate the results in Greek to improve ace visibility in Greece (and maybe some other stuff, I don't know)

Yes, we've had under-18 volunteers before.  As long as you have the time and ability to contribute.

Although, I should say we're unlikely to translate to Greek.  We generally won't translate to languages whose native speakers have high English proficiency, because of how much work translation is.

2 hours ago, Siggy said:

We're a few weeks late, but the report is out right now!

poe36.gif

I'm legit excited. If I wasn't swamped at work and leaving town in two days I would jump right into reading that. 

great work, folks :cake:

Archived