What is this? Anxiety?

So like whenever I see either a nude or scantily-clad figure or a sex scene, I feel like I can’t breathe. I can only take shallow breaths. But unlike when I’m anxious other times, like when I’m ordering at a restaurant or something, I don’t get an unpleasant, nervous feeling in my stomach. 

It’s not sexual attraction because I don’t want to have sex with the figure, right? I don’t desire anything sexual. All my thought processes just kinda stop until the scene(if it’s on a tv show or movie) or whatever changes.

Does anyone know what’s going on with me?

Speaking from my own experience, that sounds like some form of general discomfort in regards to sex that could be manifesting as anxiety. Maybe a repulsed feeling? Definitely doesn't sound like sexual attraction to me

• Like 1
A-spec-inthe0cean

I get where you are coming from, i have a similar feeling toward knowing (usually bc some one tells me but sometimes I notice flirting if it gets to the point where they ask from my number or if I'm single) someone likes me, or if someone says that someone is flirting with me or worse still someone says that i seem like I'm flirting purposefully.

Like I'll then get all self conscious and paranoid that I, they or anyone else is flirting (by the time I manage to get back to my normal aniexty levels it happens again) and anxious in their presents usually to the point of slightly shaking hands, but I don't desire to have sex, do sexual things or kiss hug or do romantic things with them, I honestly don't notice what I'm feeling I'm to busy trying to into a part of the 'friendzone' which you aren't even freinds anymore- the 2 times this has happened I  have onlu just or recently met the person and probably wouldn't miss their friendship anyways.

So if their is a term for this I'd love to know that we're not alone in this feeling, pls tell us!..??

Anthracite_Impreza

I used to get it, it's anxiety. As I became more comfortable in myself and learnt to manage my anxiety it fizzled out. Now it's mostly just "well this is awkward".

• Like 1