Not sure if this is the right place but...

So idk if this is the right place to ask but after looking around the internet I've found a few other similar threads to my situation on here but they didn't really help answer my question.

So I'm 16 cis female and I've never had a crush on anyone irl. While all my friends at school would be fawning over this guy and that guy I just wouldn't get the fuss, I never found any of the people there appealing whatever. I don't know if this is because I told myself it was stupid to get involved people while being this young, or because most of the people at my old school didn't have very good personality's but I just never found myself crushing or finding any of them attractive whatsoever. Like I can recognise people as being sort of 'societly attractive' like they have features that would be seen as attractive by society but I never really feel any like attraction to them. I also haven't felt sexual attraction for anyone who I don't know or would call a close friend, even then I don't feel any for super close friends. I also don't have any preference over someones gender or how they really identify. 

On the other hand I do feel more attracted (sexually and romantically) to fictional characters, from comics and tv shows (live action etc), and can often imagine myself just being with them in like a relationship and that, but I have to find their personality attractive and sort of have to 'know' the character first. With the live action people, I only like the character that they portray, the actual actor doesn't do anything for me.

This is a bit rambly but I'm just really confused as to if it's normal for this but I just don't know where to go to ask about it since from what I've read from those similar threads, I might be demiromantic? but I don't want to use the label incorrectly if you get me. 

It sounds like you could be aromantic. Your feelings toward fictional characters don't play a role in this, only your feelings toward real people. 

Have you ever felt sexual attraction to anyone or wanted to have sex with anyone?

Welcome to Aven!! 🎂 To me, it sounds like you're aromantic and asexual as well as fictosexual. Aromantic is when you have no or very little romantic attraction to others. Asexual is when you have no or very little sexual attraction to anyone. Fictosexual is simply being attracted to fictional characters. But always remember that only you can choose what you want to identify as. 😊 

Welcome to AVEN!

It sounds like you might be an Aromantic Asexual if you only experience romantic and sexual attraction towards fictional characters.
There are also two labels invented for that specifically, Fictoromantic and Fictosexual, that you can choose to use.

Incidentally, it is a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake,

ZWughhv.jpg

Thanks for the welcome's ya'll :)

And I haven't really felt any sexual attraction to people, but I do have like sexual feelings/urges, I want to be with someone in the future and be with them romantically and sexually. I just haven't had them to anyone specifically. 

• Like 1