Feelings of autosexuality as a bisexual

sky_nvm

Hi everyone!

I'm new here and didn't really know where this post should go since I'm a sexual person, so if it should be moved somewhere else, just let me know!

I'm nonbiary (amab) identified and bisexual, but recently I've been acknowledging some very genuine attraction to myself. I've seen very little discussion about autosexuality, and what I have seen is often framed as narcissim or just wanting to masturbate. But this feels different somehow? I'm /into/ myself. Yeah, sometimes I'm just masturbating to get off and get rid of the (often uncomfortable) feeling of arousal, but sometimes it feels less like masturbating and more like "having sex" with myself. There's a sort of cognitive disconnect; I am the experience of my body *and* the recognition of that experience. So having sex with myself really feels like exploring a partner and finding the right ways to please them-- except I'm alone.

Maybe this is just a lack of awareness of self that I'm just reading too far into, but i can't shake the feeling that there's something to this. Like, I know how subjective aesthetic/physical attraction is, and I have no illusions about my desirability (I know situation isn't exactly the most approachable one in the world lol), but I would honestly enter any kind of relationship with a second physical manifestation of my self and body.

So, why am I talking about this... Honestly? I don't know. But i figured this forum would be a good place to start talking about it with people that think about these kinds of things seriously. So let's talk about it! I'd love to hear what anyone has to say about this subject. Thanks for hearing me out. :)

Welcome to AVEN!

Don't worry, if this thread is in the wrong forum, a Mod will move it for you.

You might also find this useful for future reference,

I've never seen Autosexuality as narcissism or just wanting to masturbate, though I don't understand Sexual Attraction in general.

Incidentally, it is a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake,

ZWughhv.jpg

moved from sexual partners, friends & allies to the grey area.

iff,

Moderator, sexual partners, friends & allies

Archived